What's new

The Coffee House

Happy Wednesday!

Is it Saturday, yet?

No :(

Today is like my "first Friday" though. My class meets on Mon and Wed evenings so when I am done with my Wed, it almost feels like the weekend because I don't have to teach again until Monday.

I tell ya what, though. These marathon 12-hour days don't get easier as I get older :suspicious:
 
I tell ya what, though. These marathon 12-hour days don't get easier as I get older :suspicious:
Ugh. :(

Agreed. I've noticed my total timesheet hours creeping higher and higher lately. Don't like it one bit!
 
Happy Wednesday!

Is it Saturday, yet?

No :(

Today is like my "first Friday" though. My class meets on Mon and Wed evenings so when I am done with my Wed, it almost feels like the weekend because I don't have to teach again until Monday.

I tell ya what, though. These marathon 12-hour days don't get easier as I get older :suspicious:
I hear yah on the 12 hour days. Get back to my hotel and stare at the TV like a zombie for an hour to snap out of the road hypnosis. Then I read.
 
... These marathon 12-hour days don't get easier as I get older :suspicious:
:lol: Twelve-hour days? M'dear you still have your training wheels on!!!! I recall one deployment to the Arabian Gulf in the late 90s (IIRC) that ran 76 continuous days of minimum 14 hour work days.
 
Gary gets out of bed around 6:00 a.m., (except on his Mondays, 5:00 a.m.). He now stumbles around in the dark getting out of bed, (as opposed to stumbling around in the daylight).

When Gary was a kid, he loved working on the road. But after a while ... being home is so nice. It is now to the point where Gary rarely goes to an office.

The world seems to be going to Hell. Hurricanes, earthquakes, wars, threat of nuclear war, dark mornings ... maybe Gary will go back to bed and close the door.
 
The world seems to be going to Hell. Hurricanes, earthquakes, wars, threat of nuclear war, dark mornings ... maybe Gary will go back to bed and close the door.
Didn't you hear? The end of the world is this Saturday, supposedly, again.
 
The science labs in my wing are doing experiments with burning candles. More specifically, they're proving that you need oxygen, heat, and fuel to be able to burn something, so they are continually putting the candles out by putting a jar over them.

So that smell has been lingering in my room all day. I'm not a fan.
 
The science labs in my wing are doing experiments with burning candles. More specifically, they're proving that you need oxygen, heat, and fuel to be able to burn something, so they are continually putting the candles out by putting a jar over them.

So that smell has been lingering in my room all day. I'm not a fan.
Love it.

So, are they using different sized jars, changing the number of candles, etc to figure out how long it takes the fire to use up the oxygen under different scenarios?
 
... These marathon 12-hour days don't get easier as I get older :suspicious:
:lol: Twelve-hour days? M'dear you still have your training wheels on!!!! I recall one deployment to the Arabian Gulf in the late 90s (IIRC) that ran 76 continuous days of minimum 14 hour work days.

Did you have to walk to work uphill both ways? In the dark? Milking cows along the way, too? With no shoes? :801:
 
Happy Wednesday!

Is it Saturday, yet?

No :(

Today is like my "first Friday" though. My class meets on Mon and Wed evenings so when I am done with my Wed, it almost feels like the weekend because I don't have to teach again until Monday.

I tell ya what, though. These marathon 12-hour days don't get easier as I get older :suspicious:
I hear yah on the 12 hour days. Get back to my hotel and stare at the TV like a zombie for an hour to snap out of the road hypnosis. Then I read.

Back in the days when I was essentially doing second shift work and getting home around 10pm every day, my post-work tv-zombie-out sessions were in front of ER. I loved that show.
 
... These marathon 12-hour days don't get easier as I get older :suspicious:
:lol: Twelve-hour days? M'dear you still have your training wheels on!!!! I recall one deployment to the Arabian Gulf in the late 90s (IIRC) that ran 76 continuous days of minimum 14 hour work days.
Wait . . . weren't you in the (blue water) Navy, like in air conditioned ships, internet access and whatnot?
 
I worked 14, 15, probably 14 today. 15 for sure tomorrow as I am heading home. Can't access my server now....uuuggggg
 
The science labs in my wing are doing experiments with burning candles. More specifically, they're proving that you need oxygen, heat, and fuel to be able to burn something, so they are continually putting the candles out by putting a jar over them.

So that smell has been lingering in my room all day. I'm not a fan.
Love it.

So, are they using different sized jars, changing the number of candles, etc to figure out how long it takes the fire to use up the oxygen under different scenarios?

Indeed. Really cool work. Second day in the row though...there are three labs in the wing, and the third lab will be next week, haha.
 
... These marathon 12-hour days don't get easier as I get older :suspicious:
:lol: Twelve-hour days? M'dear you still have your training wheels on!!!! I recall one deployment to the Arabian Gulf in the late 90s (IIRC) that ran 76 continuous days of minimum 14 hour work days.

Did you have to walk to work uphill both ways? In the dark? Milking cows along the way, too? With no shoes? :801:
And likely, during sandstorms! Barefoot! ;)
 
... These marathon 12-hour days don't get easier as I get older :suspicious:
[emoji38] Twelve-hour days? M'dear you still have your training wheels on!!!! I recall one deployment to the Arabian Gulf in the late 90s (IIRC) that ran 76 continuous days of minimum 14 hour work days.
The Marines used to abuse me like that.... No problem though, I was 225 lbs of lean, mean, fighting Marine.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom