What's new

The Coffee House

Wonderful game last night. It had it all, good pitching, defense, managing. Altuve is sick, the littler feller just keeps hitting. JV going this afternoon, should be a good game. Dodgers tonight after a long rest, will be interesting to see how Roberts has prepared them. This is a defining mark of a manager, how he gets his team prepared after a long lay off. Very difficult but the good ones have the walk throughs, scout meetings, and a defined, planned approach against opposing teams pitching staff. Dodgers have the best scouts in the game, time to see if Roberts can blend it all together. Don't be surprised if they come out flat but if they come out on fire, sing the praises of the manager. Go Gary's Dodgers. I am pulling for them because my man love for Dave Roberts, what a great guy.
There is an super photo on the front of the PLAYOFFS section of the Times. It shows Kershaw stretched out, ball in his left hand about to be raised for his throw ... but it is from directly above looking down. You see the his fingers on the ball, the foot pushing off the rubber ... super photo ... (slightly oversharpened) ... but a super photo nonetheless.
Link?
F3651996-499D-4EEF-8AA1-D991E9E59003.webp

There.
 
Decisions, decisions.

Tonight there are (supposedly) two different college hockey games on. Usually in the fall they're only shown on Friday nights so we'll see... that and Hockey Night in Canada will have me going back and forth.

Who's the photographer that took that photo Gary? I don't see it on their website.

Heading out shortly to do a little picture taking because it's sunny. At least I think that's what that bright thing in the sky is called, haven't seen it in awhile.
 
Decisions, decisions.

Tonight there are (supposedly) two different college hockey games on. Usually in the fall they're only shown on Friday nights so we'll see... that and Hockey Night in Canada will have me going back and forth.

Who's the photographer that took that photo Gary? I don't see it on their website.

Heading out shortly to do a little picture taking because it's sunny. At least I think that's what that bright thing in the sky is called, haven't seen it in awhile.
Robert Gauthier, staff photog.
 
It is believed that the AC problem is taken care of in Daves house. This is a good thing. Dave has one guy at work looking for old cameras/lenses for him.
He told Jason and hopes Jason will tell Wayne. Eating the last of the fried chicken tenders with BBQ sauce. It is now MUCH less than oppressive in the room I'm in.
Back to looking for the magic penny soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I’m watching UConn look for ways to lose against Temple.

I’ll be headed out to take some photos for my friend and former bandmate in a little bit. They need some clean press kit photos, and I’m free, haha. I’m excited to try something new.
 
Souped a couple rolls this morning. Trying the ilsofol 3 again, less agitation per Gary. The negatives look way better this time. I think I found the error of my ways using that stuff. HC and D76 way better results up to this point. Scans will tell I suppose. Next up is pushing using the Maxxum 9, HP5+. However gonna load some Portra 400 first, never used it. I've used 160.

Got Portra 400 in my K1000 right this very second. Even took some pictures with it today!

It is believed that the AC problem is taken care of in Daves house. This is a good thing. Dave has one guy at work looking for old cameras/lenses for him.
He told Jason and hopes Jason will tell Wayne. Eating the last of the fried chicken tenders with BBQ sauce. It is now MUCH less than oppressive in the room I'm in.
Back to looking for the magic penny soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Our a/c just got fixed, too. Well, replaced. The system was over 40 years old and spend the last 5-6 years slowly dying until it finally gave up mid-July.

Of course, I live in NY and it's mid-October, so our a/c got fixed just in time for winter :laughing:
 
AC had to be developed for East Texas.
80+ degrees and 80+ humidity in October.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
AC had to be developed for East Texas.
80+ degrees and 80+ humidity in October.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I don't remember my Dante - is that the 6th or 7th circle of hell? :icon_eek:
 
Yup, watching right now.

It's do or die for the Aggies right now.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom