The Coffee House

Went to the doctor for followup on the cataract surgery on the first eye, go back again next week, then done with it. So far no problems with the surgery. However, the fact that I required such strong glasses, is causing some major problems with vision, that I'll just have to put up with till the next surgery in just over another week. I'm getting a lot of eye strain in the eye not repaired as it trys to "keep up" with the repaired eye, and the color shift between the two is driving me crazy.

Get that patch!

63562821.jpg

Get that patch!

LOL. I do resort to blocking that eye or shutting it throughout the day. The eye that was repaired continues to improve such that I don't need glasses to drive now, or watch TV. Supposedly I'll be able to get by with only reading glasses when finished. They told me I'd have some serious problems in the interim, they were right.

"Alaska registers the most earthquakes in a given year, with California placing second, until 2014 when a sudden increase in seismicity in Oklahoma pushed it well past California as the second most active in terms of magnitude (M) 3.0 and greater earthquakes."

"The 1906 San Francisco earthquake measured a magnitude 7.9 and ruptured 300 miles of the San Andreas Fault, which slipped as much as 20 feet in some places. Historians estimate that more than 3,000 people died in the quake and the ensuing fire, making it the deadliest earthquake in U.S. history.Nov 21, 2008"

The fox keeps coming back. I'm trying to put a lawn in before the snow flies, not big, about 1000 sq.ft. I've had to repair it the last 3 days. I saw him this morning. Beautiful little critter, just a pup, running around in circles. I went out flailing my arms. He grabbed a piece of landscape material and ran faster. I threw a stick into the trees and he fetched it and waited for me to throw it again. He looked like Miss Maggie when he left. I feel like Elmer Fudd. Pesky wabbit.

"Alaska registers the most earthquakes in a given year, with California placing second, until 2014 when a sudden increase in seismicity in Oklahoma pushed it well past California as the second most active in terms of magnitude (M) 3.0 and greater earthquakes."

"The 1906 San Francisco earthquake measured a magnitude 7.9 and ruptured 300 miles of the San Andreas Fault, which slipped as much as 20 feet in some places. Historians estimate that more than 3,000 people died in the quake and the ensuing fire, making it the deadliest earthquake in U.S. history.Nov 21, 2008"

Because of the lack of seismic equipment in the area, the magnitude of the 1811-1812 quake vary from 7.4-8.6. However the USGS said this about the quake "The area of strong shaking associated with these shocks is two to three times as large as that of the 1964 Alaska earthquake and 10 times as large as that of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake." Summary of 1811-1812 New Madrid Earthquakes Sequence Like I said earlier I've experienced one growing up where I actually saw the ground roll. Things were thrown off the shelves, in the house, and cattle/horses went crazy.

The fox keeps coming back. I'm trying to put a lawn in before the snow flies, not big, about 1000 sq.ft. I've had to repair it the last 3 days. I saw him this morning. Beautiful little critter, just a pup, running around in circles. I went out flailing my arms. He grabbed a piece of landscape material and ran faster. I threw a stick into the trees and he fetched it and waited for me to throw it again. He looked like Miss Maggie when he left. I feel like Elmer Fudd. Pesky wabbit.
Sounds like you're making a new friend. :) Have the camera ready.

...until 2014 when a sudden increase in seismicity in Oklahoma pushed it well past California as the second most active in terms of magnitude (M) 3.0 and greater earthquakes."

Fracking.

I'd like to know who fracking cares.
The better part of 6 hours today
5 minutes under 23 hours for the week so far. A microwave oven is being sent to us by a friend of Sister and Dad.
But because it hasn't yet arrived I'm eating at the deli. Gotta take some stuff home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Gary would feed the little guy.

Upper 80's today, but the humidity at 26%, it is quite comfortable. Much more comfortable than earlier when the temps were in the low 80's and humidity above 50%. Gary's whipping up some Chicken Saltimbocca if anybody is hungry come on by.

Chicken Saltimbocca if anybody is hungry come on by.

Wish you were closer, FD board meeting tonight for me, so not much on my supper menu.

Last edited:
Saying good night now. Wish tomorrow was my Friday on one hand but like the check with 6 days on it.

Most reactions

Back