The Coffee House

Morning all, cool here today but raining. Still have this horrible cold on my chest that is really slowing me down, so will be over the moon if and when it clears off.

Morning y'all. Have an excellent mug of coffee to try and get with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wow, Gary just felt an earthquake.

We actually had one in AL, last week Huntsville area has second earthquake of the year We have a few of these small ones every year.
Mary Lou and Gary were in a restaurant when it hit and everybody got quiet and still real quick ... then after a realization that the roof wasn't going to collapse or a huge crevice open up to swallow us all ... smiles broke out and people starting speaking again. It was only a 4.4 located in La Verne, a little community about 25 miles northeast of Los Angeles in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains.

Mary Lou and Gary were in a restaurant when it hit and everybody got quiet and still real quick

Growing up in the bootheel of MO, they were common, due to living on the New Madrid fault line. Most were small but I can remember some more violent ones where I actually saw the ground roll. We were in church one Sunday when a bad one hit. Our church had a huge stained glass dome over the sanctuary. As the dome started shaking it didn't take long to clear out the nonbelievers. LOL

Gary found this in the park today.

E942C1A0-0A01-4AD8-BA92-1BC50E0E4A7C.jpeg

4AB12E1A-1808-4FEF-A0FF-C867CBF59912.jpeg

93FC1AEB-B5BD-4961-AF1E-895E80F70ED5.jpeg

Miss Maggie hit a new personal best for mud.

Last edited:
I thought I had a drill in my truck. But it was a driver. Came home to get the drill but found the drill attachment for the driver and took that. Put up a shelf in the meat department and put good wheels on a shopping cart. Not sure 17 what but 17.xx hours for the week so far.

Maggie is one grody dog. Muddy doesn't cover it. Got home the second time and the power is out. At some point I'll have to get the generator out for the fridge at least.

Muddy Miss Maggie makes me merry.

The only quake I've felt was 5.8 centered in Mineral, VA on October 23, 2011. Hurricane Irene came through a few days later.

Zoomed phone snap

Gary found this in the park today.

OMG!!! Our previous baby Millie loved to run in the mud and water to cool off while we were hunting, but even she never got THAT muddy. Sadie is a little on the prissy side she gets dirty in the field, but she doesn't particularly like it. How do you ever get her clean???? Is her coat similar to a water spaniel, somewhat oily to resist the water????

Power returned. Yeah!
Gonna boot up the puter pretty soon.

Most reactions

Back