What's new

The Coffee House

Shoveled the dusting of snow from the top of the driveway and sprinkled salt. The driveway is an incline and if you have the speed then at the top the wheels will catch on the clear section. It was only a dusting with a little ice underneath.
 
Huh. Last thing I heard yesterday was that checks would not be here until Thursday.
I don't know HOW they got here but they did. Only thing I don't know is if they have enough cash to cash them. Anyhow 17.15 hours total so far. And I am enjoying chicken tenders and gravy at the deli.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Evening all, been very very busy the last day or too, hope it calms down soon.
 
Pork chops, baked potato and green beans was dinner. Tonight I feel Blue Bell later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
We got snow. Not a lot, but it's cold enough it didn't all melt yet.

Realized that I've heard Hail to the Chief a number of times the last couple of days or so. Now on local news, there's the news guy again in front of the police station I used to go past all the time when I was working, always a fun time in the city! (Maybe that's why I like it out here in the country, peace and quiet!) And a woman had a baby on the interstate, although they did pull over (you never know...).
 
My d7100 is so beat. Not from overuse, maybe bad use.. 50k on it i guess?? Whats the difference if i use the lenses on the d800 in crop mode? You know. In case the 7100 just decides to not work..
 
Says it goes to only 15 mp. Cant be right, is it?
 
@smoke665 Very sorry to read about your family's loss. Sending my condolences to all of the family.

Thanks Dean. We were fortunate the weather cleared here today for his funeral. A quiet unassuming man, belied the fact that he was a decorated veteran of WWII, who came ashore in the 2nd wave at Omaha Beach and fought in 5 major campaigns across Europe including the Battle Of The Bulge. He was laid to rest with full military honors and 3 volley salute. He was a good soldier, a good father, and my friend.
 
Hosers! Been busy lately so haven’t been online much, hope everyone is well. Will try to catch up tomorrow!

Cheers!
73D1531A-0E27-4BAA-A0DE-12866E307FED.webp


This is a “White Christmas” martini. Baileys, vanilla vodka and White Godiva. Yummmmm!
 
Morning all, wet and raining out but very mild again.
 
Alive and awake for yet another day.
Chilly outside heading for 60ish.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I just ate McDonald's Oatmeal and I'm drinking a McDonald's coffee over here. That might give you some clues about how crazy life has been.

Smoke, I'm sorry to hear of your FIL's passing. There aren't too many men from that generation left. My wife lost her grandfather at the age of 94 a couple of weeks ago. He was another quiet man who never spoke of his time in Ardennes.
 
FB_IMG_1544108352085.webp Coffee by the water. Morning peeps
 
Last edited:
It's not exactly warm here. The sky looks like snow or rain are very likely.
4.45 hours today and 22 even for the week so far. They got a box with wheels in it.
All small wheels. Going to bring the truck tomorrow for the tools. Might have finally convinced them that I know where to get what we need in Houston without shipping charges. Off to the post office and then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom