The Coffee House

I have a good stream that goes through my property which is gold bearing. It's probably not a lot but it wouldn't surprise me if there is some gold in it. Either way, I'm lucky to have a nice spot on my own property to learn!

View attachment 274029
Bet the water's still cold, you'll need to take a thermo's of soup with ya👍. At AU$3633 per ounce I'd say go for it.

I had to go for a swim the other day to retrieve a burley bag i let slip outta my hand, the water is still warm atm. Something like 18°C.

Happy Friday, hosers! :icon_sunny: We're in for a pretty cold weekend here, windy but sunny, with the temps dipping into the 30sF until Monday. Then maybe it will finally stay warm!

I'm staying mostly in to mess around with my usual alt-photography crap. :lol: No special plans.

Anyone doing anything that's fun?

@nerwin in our travels we spent some time around Dahlonega, Ga. They have few places where you can go to buy "dirt by the bucket" from old mines. Surprisingly we managed to pan enough gold to pay for the entrance fees plus earned some extra cash.

@terri starting to look more like the South with Temps getting up to low 80s.

Heya Folks! As the weekend approaches, the sun goes into hiding and Saturday will be overcast and raining. There's a chance on sun on Sunday. We are having to bite the bullet and resod our front yard. The freeze we had a couple of Winters ago did a number on the lawn, followed by a brutal Summer. Last year was another brutal summer, and the lawn struggled to do anything. This winter wasn't too bad, but one week of temps in the teens did the lawn in, it decided it wasn't going to come back at all. Owing to living in an HOA, we pretty much have to put a new lawn down. It's a somewhat shaded area, so it will have to be St Augustine. Hopefully they will use a more resilient cultivar than what the builders used.

Fast moving storms plowed through last evening. We were in the basement and heard a thud. Several big tree limbs down with one landing on our sunroom roof. Very close to upstairs window. No damage to the house. A local tree company that we've hired in the past to thin and trim our trees came out today. In an hour had all the tree limbs cut and taken away. The hot tub steps were out in the yard and an iron two seater was tipped over.

Happy Friday, hosers! :icon_sunny: We're in for a pretty cold weekend here, windy but sunny, with the temps dipping into the 30sF until Monday. Then maybe it will finally stay warm!

I'm staying mostly in to mess around with my usual alt-photography crap. :lol: No special plans.

Anyone doing anything that's fun?
Just looking after MLW after her gall bladder surgery, yesterday. She’s getting along fine. MLSIL was down for it but is leaving in a bit - her med is being delivered sometime tomorrow and she needs to sign for it.

Most reactions

Back