The Coffee House

Ever try breathe-right strips? They help me more than medications do when I have colds.

It might be too late now that you are already in allergy season, but I've heard that eating local honey for several weeks before any allergy symptoms start showing up helps ease the severity. The idea is that you're slowly building a tolerance for the allergens, which are often present in the honey. It's important that it's local honey, of course. Not sure how readily available that is.
That is a good idea! Plenty of local honey at all the farmer markets out here.
To super charge that honey, take 2 tablespoons of it mix with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon ground ginger. It is an extreme taste bud experience; add to hot water as a tea if you can't take it. All three ingredients are immune system boosters, always helpful for those susceptible to allergies. Works great to minimize cold symptoms, too.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy today I'm going to our local speed shop and hopefully shooting some exotic cars! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I think there's a Lamborghini waiting for a photoshoot... :D

Cat snot. Something I've never thought about before.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy today I'm going to our local speed shop and hopefully shooting some exotic cars! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I think there's a Lamborghini waiting for a photoshoot... :D

Cat snot. Something I've never thought about before.
test drive could be more fun. see if you can snatch the keys.

Absolutely gorgeous outside today! Nothing but blue skies!
Too bad it's 30 degrees colder than it was on Thursday. Winter is such a psycho-stalker of a season; it just doesn't know when to quit.

Tempted to go somewhere anyway, but definitely won't have the top down on the convertible today!
It's not even ALL that cold, to most of you, but once I've gotten a taste of the 60s and 70s, I find it even worse when it drops below 50 again. It'll be about 45 today, I think.
Back to about 60 tomorrow, and 70s by later next week, so it's all good--but I still feel a teeny bit whiney because my Saturday is not perfect. Boohoo.

snow flurries here this a.m. Some birds out moving around. They looked a little out of place. Maybe they hatched a little early. I should get some bird food. I am kind of wondering what they are eating with snow still covering most of the ground.

but I still feel a teeny bit whiney because my Saturday is not perfect. Boohoo.
Better than a day at a door-less office with B5.

Buenos Dios Coffee Hosers. The Hummers are going through the nectar like a hot knife through butter. It will be in the 80's today. I'm finally getting around to testing that lens. I think I'll head out to the beach, (which will be in the 70's).

Still haven't figured out my sinus/drip problem. I tried the Flonase, it didn't help much. It is so odd, when I initially go horizontal, after an hour or two, the top of my throat feels uncomfortable and sorta clogged ... so I get up, move to the living room resting with my back upright (sitting position), drink some water and try to grab some rest. After an hour or so the clogged feeling is gone and I go back to bed with no discomfort for the rest of the night. I'm taking Zyrtec, which is the Costco equivalent of Claritin (I think), once in the morning and again before I go horizontal for the night.

I live about 15 miles to the beach, I guess I need to move closer, more like 15 feet.

Buenos Dios Coffee Hosers. The Hummers are going through the nectar like a hot knife through butter. It will be in the 80's today. I'm finally getting around to testing that lens. I think I'll head out to the beach, (which will be in the 70's).

Still haven't figured out my sinus/drip problem. I tried the Flonase, it didn't help much. It is so odd, when I initially go horizontal, after an hour or two, the top of my throat feels uncomfortable and sorta clogged ... so I get up, move to the living room resting with my back upright (sitting position), drink some water and try to grab some rest. After an hour or so the clogged feeling is gone and I go back to bed with no discomfort for the rest of the night. I'm taking Zyrtec, which is the Costco equivalent of Claritin (I think), once in the morning and again before I go horizontal for the night.

I live about 15 miles to the beach, I guess I need to move closer, more like 15 feet.
try a few shots of southern comfort or jim beam

Grrrrrr, I'm annoyed today.

My internet connection is flaky on my laptop ever since I hooked up the external monitor. Now I can't seem to get the computer to read an SD card. I sometimes scan prints on a scanner I have - it's actually a wireless 3-in-1 contraption, but I have never been able to get the wireless to work reliably, and the printer isn't that great, so I just use it to scan things onto an SD card that I then transfer to the computer. Except now the computer isn't reading the card. Grrrrrrr.

Zelda is obsessed with the scanner, and today she has apparently learned that pressing the touch tone screen gets the scanner to make the noises she likes.

Grrrrrr, I'm annoyed today.

My internet connection is flaky on my laptop ever since I hooked up the external monitor. Now I can't seem to get the computer to read an SD card. I sometimes scan prints on a scanner I have - it's actually a wireless 3-in-1 contraption, but I have never been able to get the wireless to work reliably, and the printer isn't that great, so I just use it to scan things onto an SD card that I then transfer to the computer. Except now the computer isn't reading the card. Grrrrrrr.[?QUOTE]
Have you tried reading the card without the monitor connected? Maybe one has nothing to do with the other.

Zelda is obsessed with the scanner, and today she has apparently learned that pressing the touch tone screen gets the scanner to make the noises she likes.
Funny kitty.

Dammit, the shop's manager's kid had a kid, so the shop was closed. Urgh. I was steps away from that Lamborghini too...

Dammit, the shop's manager's kid had a kid, so the shop was closed. Urgh. I was steps away from that Lamborghini too...

One more reason to avoid children.
Sledgehammer the door?
Brick through window?

>>Just kidding on at least two of above. Still contemplating one of them ;)

Me too, the weather was in the 70s now dipping into the 30s!' Really ready for a tropical vacation!!! Just hanging out inside. Blah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back