The Coffee House

I haven't been by to see how bad it is. I guess the morning coffee locals are lost without their hangout.

I ran several bad ones over the years, domestic calls were always dangerous. We live in a peaceful valley where not much goes on, but out here in the country EVERYONE has guns and knives, including us on domestic calls. When tempers flare about all you can do is hold short till its over and package the survivors for transport.
Yeah, When I was a volunteer, we carried a night stick in the back of the ambulance. I once had a couple locals make a half-hearted attempt to jump up in the bucket with me (open cab); I grabbed the Haligan.

I haven't been by to see how bad it is. I guess the morning coffee locals are lost without their hangout.

I ran several bad ones over the years, domestic calls were always dangerous. We live in a peaceful valley where not much goes on, but out here in the country EVERYONE has guns and knives, including us on domestic calls. When tempers flare about all you can do is hold short till its over and package the survivors for transport.
My sis-in-law and her husband live near Valley Head, and everyone in that area has guns and knives.

hi all,
Knives. Seems everyone is out to stab someone else. As a scout back in the 60s and 70s I always had a knife on my belt as did most of the other scouts. No one went round stabbing other people. I still have a knife with me when I walk the dogs on the beach: fishing line and hooks are often left on the beach.
I have a number of knives, including a large Bowie. "That's not a knife mate, this is a knife!" I rarely carry them with me anymore though.

Well, I added a tablespoon of baking soda instead of a teaspoon, so I ended up with a very large biscuit instead of soda bread...
Untitled by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
Well, you'll never make that mistake again!

It still looks nicely browned. Was the flavor impacted much?

@vintagesnaps MC men’s hockey wins in double OT last night. Princess was at the game. She’s currently in a “5 mile long line” to get tickets for tonight’s final vs BU. Exciting stuff!!

Princess was at the game. She’s currently in a “5 mile long line” to get tickets for tonight’s final vs BU. Exciting stuff!!
Hope she has fun. She is certainly more dedicated than I would be.

Hope she has fun. She is certainly more dedicated than I would be.
Unusual for Princess and her friends to be up and about on a Saturday before noon! The line is for $5 for students. She said it moved fast and they got their tickets but didn’t get seats on the bus so they have to take the train or drive. The T here has been so unreliable the past decade that I used spot hero to book them a parking spot so she could drive in.

After having a 4yo for a week the house sure feels empty. Quiet too! He had a set of magnetic building pieces that is his new favorite toy. He would build an elevator each day and call it yellowvator. I asked one day if he was building his yellowvator again and he got mad because I didn't pronounce it like he did which by the way was yellowvator. :lol:

After having a 4yo for a week the house sure feels empty. Quiet too! He had a set of magnetic building pieces that is his new favorite toy. He would build an elevator each day and call it yellowvator. I asked one day if he was building his yellowvator again and he got mad because I didn't pronounce it like he did which by the way was yellowvator. :lol:
Just give 'em some matches to play with and have some real fun!

Unusual for Princess and her friends to be up and about on a Saturday before noon! The line is for $5 for students. She said it moved fast and they got their tickets but didn’t get seats on the bus so they have to take the train or drive. The T here has been so unreliable the past decade that I used spot hero to book them a parking spot so she could drive in.
When we do anything with Ada, we don't start until 10. She stays up late and, during the week and when Congress is doing stuff like budget reviews, works late.

The next time we go to Assateague, I think we'll head over and get a hotel Friday night, so ww have more time on the beach. It's about a three hour drive.

It's getting close to parage and other Jeep event season; I just picked up two more flag poles. The Rampant Lion (left side) will be replaced with a POW-MIA or a County flag, depending on the event. Went throughthe house and we have two 50-star American flags (one 2x3, one 3x5), Maryland, Betsy Ross, a cotton 4x6 Bennington Banner (the one with "76" in the blue area), the Rampant Lion, and a banner with the Clan Wallace badge.

IMG_E0414[1].JPG

Hey @snowbear you watching the Maryland/Alabama game tonight???

No. I'm not a basketball fan.

DW and I took Lil'Bit out to get her a new Easter Outfit today. Get to the store, and the first one she grabs is a fancy formal dress, that's totally inappropriate. Lil'Bit is my mini me when it comes to being bull headed, so we're squaring off ready to go to battle. Dw comes by with an armload of more appropriate dresses, grabs the one Lil'Bit had picked out and says...let's go try these on. 15 mins later out they come with one Mimi suggested. Seems the one Lil'Bit picked out was way to "itchy" and uncomfortable for her. Problem solved and not a cross word between them. I should've stayed in the car. 🤪

Most reactions

Back