The Coffee House

But then you would have missed the expert in action! I'm referring to your wife, of course.

That's a seasoned pro. ;)

But, but, but I was all fired up for the battle and Mimi defused the situation without so much as a ruffled feather.

Then, Lil'Bit walks up takes my hand as we're walking through the mall, pulls me down to whisper all serious like....boys have cooties, but Papas don't, and squeezed my hand. She got a new pair of shoes to go with the dress and McDonald's for a treat.....%$#$ little con artist.

Hi all, just popped in to see how every is
Howdy! Doing great, all things considered! Wednesday was my wonderful wife's birthday, and yesterday we celebrated our 38th year of her not kicking me out of the house... 😂 We went to see a high school production of Mama Mia, and it was fantastic. The lead has not only singing talent, but acting talent and could really draw the emotions of anger, sadness, and joy out. The second (the daughter) was also an incredible singer. Currently there is a stew in the crockpot, and tomorrow we surprise my wife with the unannounced arrival of her parents and sister for a brunch. In the evening we will go to a nice Italian restaurant, and then Sunday afternoon we are treating her with slow cooked prime rib on the barbie, and I'm making a berry torte. I'll try to get some pics, maybe.

What a wonderful weekend you have planned! Sounds like a party! 🥳

I'll trouble you for some of that berry torte, sir. ;)

We're in the menopause season here, with Mother Nature's having hot flashes. The 80 degree weather one day, freezing the next has everything confused. Had to mow "patches" in the yard today.

Good afternoon, hosers.
High 70s / low 80s yesterday. When I went to pickup SIL, I had the tops off the truck. Today it's low 50s with intermittent rain.

MLW and I went to the Home Depot, looking fir a medicine cabinet to replace the plastic one in the main bathroiom. This store had a limited selection but as we were heading out, MLW saw a floor lamp she liked. We picked that up, since we want to replace one of the older ones in the living room. As we got to the front of the store, I spotted a grill on half-price sale - a gas + charcoal model. It's in the truck bed with a tarp over it. We'll move it Sunday when it isn't raining.

Mm-hmm, you just happened to spot a grill..... lol You and Jeff are making me hungry. I've been doing too much Doordashing but with this bronchitis hanging on I'm not up to cooking. I just want more soup!

Go for the grill, it's almost April and the weather will, well, I don't know what. It's been cool with lots of rain, supposed to continue til being halfway normal next week in the 50s. The Old Farmers Almanac says cool and rainy for Easter. Of course! At least the chocolate won't melt.

Good afternoon, hosers.
High 70s / low 80s yesterday. When I went to pickup SIL, I had the tops off the truck. Today it's low 50s with intermittent rain.

MLW and I went to the Home Depot, looking fir a medicine cabinet to replace the plastic one in the main bathroiom. This store had a limited selection but as we were heading out, MLW saw a floor lamp she liked. We picked that up, since we want to replace one of the older ones in the living room. As we got to the front of the store, I spotted a grill on half-price sale - a gas + charcoal model. It's in the truck bed with a tarp over it. We'll move it Sunday when it isn't raining.
Yesterday 82, today not even 62. With the constant weather change and the pollen in the air, I'm on day three of a migraine. I have a nasal spray med that I've used once each day, but can only use it twice in 24 hours and no more than four times in a week, and I'm down three. It controls the migraine enough that I'm still functional, but if it persists for another day then it'll be "bury the head under a pile of blankets time to shut out the light, sound, and smells of the day", which will really irritate me with my in-laws visiting.

Oh, and college hockey playoffs are this weekend. Actually started yesterday and I forgot! Today I thought there was an afternoon game on but I guess not til this evening. I can wait... sure I can.

Well Jeff if you have to hide under the covers while you have in-laws visiting maybe it's just as well?? lol

Hope your migraines ease up.

Omg. That's a work of art! :heartpump:

I have a major weakness for desserts like this - hits all the right notes for my sweet tooth.
This time I'll remember to get a pic after it comes out of the spring-form. I make a Schlag (unsweetened whipped cream for those not familiar with the term) to go on top, or put in coffee, and I have cans of redi-whip for the heathens who want it. 😁 It can also be sprinkled with caster sugar for those who want it a little sweeter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back