The Coffee House

This time I'll remember to get a pic after it comes out of the spring-form. I make a Schlag (unsweetened whipped cream for those not familiar with the term) to go on top, or put in coffee, and I have cans of redi-whip for the heathens who want it. 😁 It can also be sprinkled with caster sugar for those who want it a little sweeter.
Okay, now you're just showing off. ;)

....kidding. I actually have heard of the unsweetened whipped cream but not the term Schlag. German? :icon_scratch: It tastes so good it deserves a nicer name!

Merrimack v. Quinnipiac is on ESPNews (NCAA hockey playoffs are on the many channels of ESPN). No score end of the 1st. For those of you who have a daughter who attends one of those schools.:sexywink2:

MLW got up from her nap and offered to help move the heavy-@$$ grill box. I had moved the truck around back; used 4-Low to keep from tearing up what grass is in the front and side yards. We got it to the corner of the patio. Now to get a dry day so I can put it together.

Fish & chips coming from The Waharf @ SW DC for dinner.

I Doordashed soup from Panera and sandwiches from Jersey Mike's. And why does Doordash keep prompting me to buy PBR?? That's right down there with Mad Dog on a list of anything alcoholic (or non) that I'd ever drink.

They keep showing Quinnipiac and their school bus yellow jerseys because they're now leading 2-0. Rats. Although I know someone from days past in local hockey who went to Q. C'mon Warriors!

Maybe I'll fix a cup of hot tea too.

I Doordashed soup from Panera and sandwiches from Jersey Mike's. And why does Doordash keep prompting me to buy PBR?? That's right down there with Mad Dog on a list of anything alcoholic (or non) that I'd ever drink.

They keep showing Quinnipiac and their school bus yellow jerseys because they're now leading 2-0. Rats. Although I know someone from days past in local hockey who went to Q. C'mon Warriors!

Maybe I'll fix a cup of hot tea too.
Panera and Potbelly are our gotos for sandwiches and soups. When I'm really depressed, I order a mac-and-cheese sandwich with a side of mac-and-cheese...

I have some of their mac 'n cheese in the freezer, may get that out this weekend. Don't have Potbelly locally.

Merrimack lost so they're out of the brackets. Teams are getting eliminated fast. Next up is Colgate v. the Michigoons on the Deuce.

..."Coffee with cream, please?"

I always like to guess. :) I'm struck by how similar many words are across certain languages, even if nuance is difficult.

You'll probably find this quite fascinating, then :) (The headline is slightly misleading in that there are a handful of languages that have a word for "tea" that is not on the 'tea-cha' continuum, but that is explained in the article. It's also slightly oversimplified, as the Portuguese say "cha" but *definitely* got the word by sea, not by land. But it's still interesting.)

@smoke665 : How did you all get through the night? Seriously bad storms rolling through the US south last night and today. It's being reported that 23 people were killed in Mississippi overnight.

The worst storms were confined to MS. The tornado that tore up Amory, tracked 50 mile north of our grandson, at MS State. Wasn't that bad here, little thunder, lightning and rain from 2am to 4 am. Phoebe wasn't a happy camper, had to take her to the basement till it blew over.

Feel for those who lost loved ones. The one that hit the West side of MS they claim the people only had a couple mins warning before it hit.

You'll probably find this quite fascinating, then :) (The headline is slightly misleading in that there are a handful of languages that have a word for "tea" that is not on the 'tea-cha' continuum, but that is explained in the article. It's also slightly oversimplified, as the Portuguese say "cha" but *definitely* got the word by sea, not by land. But it's still interesting.)

I'd only add that it was Fujian-based Chinese traders who probably brought tea to the Dutch who, like other Europeans, weren't having much luck along the China coast at that time. Most tea traded by Chinese along the coast and thru Canton to foreigners came from the Wuyi Mountains along the northern Fujian border with Jiangxi province.

Last edited:
Hi all, feeling sorry for my self. Heavy cold,sneezing like mad taking me ages to type this as keep having to put I pad down. Just watching the boat race, wanting to be there with camera. nearly gave in to a GAS attack, there is a canon RP plus lens for 799.00 GBP used of course. Was very tempted, think if I was able to drive on sat I would gone and had a look at it....

Great link - that looks like the kind of site where it's easy to go down the rabbit hole. :lol: I love stuff like this!

@smoke665 : Wow, that's tragic in this day and age. I thought most municipal areas were spending money on weather alert systems to avoid this kind of outcome. :(

Hi all, feeling sorry for my self. Heavy cold,sneezing like mad taking me ages to type this as keep having to put I pad down.
Aww, I'm sorry! Hope you're over the worst of it. Get well soon!

: Wow, that's tragic in this day and age. I thought most municipal areas were spending money on weather alert systems to avoid this kind of outcome. :(

Rural areas and smaller towns have a network of sirens, but the truth is if you're inside you probably wouldn't hear them unless you were close. They give away the little weather alert radios that work sometimes.

As I understand the news report, this one spun up and dropped before radar even caught it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back