The Coffee House

I have a good stream that goes through my property which is gold bearing. It's probably not a lot but it wouldn't surprise me if there is some gold in it. Either way, I'm lucky to have a nice spot on my own property to learn!

View attachment 274029
Bet the water's still cold, you'll need to take a thermo's of soup with ya👍. At AU$3633 per ounce I'd say go for it.

I had to go for a swim the other day to retrieve a burley bag i let slip outta my hand, the water is still warm atm. Something like 18°C.

Happy Friday, hosers! :icon_sunny: We're in for a pretty cold weekend here, windy but sunny, with the temps dipping into the 30sF until Monday. Then maybe it will finally stay warm!

I'm staying mostly in to mess around with my usual alt-photography crap. :lol: No special plans.

Anyone doing anything that's fun?

@nerwin in our travels we spent some time around Dahlonega, Ga. They have few places where you can go to buy "dirt by the bucket" from old mines. Surprisingly we managed to pan enough gold to pay for the entrance fees plus earned some extra cash.

@terri starting to look more like the South with Temps getting up to low 80s.

Heya Folks! As the weekend approaches, the sun goes into hiding and Saturday will be overcast and raining. There's a chance on sun on Sunday. We are having to bite the bullet and resod our front yard. The freeze we had a couple of Winters ago did a number on the lawn, followed by a brutal Summer. Last year was another brutal summer, and the lawn struggled to do anything. This winter wasn't too bad, but one week of temps in the teens did the lawn in, it decided it wasn't going to come back at all. Owing to living in an HOA, we pretty much have to put a new lawn down. It's a somewhat shaded area, so it will have to be St Augustine. Hopefully they will use a more resilient cultivar than what the builders used.

Fast moving storms plowed through last evening. We were in the basement and heard a thud. Several big tree limbs down with one landing on our sunroom roof. Very close to upstairs window. No damage to the house. A local tree company that we've hired in the past to thin and trim our trees came out today. In an hour had all the tree limbs cut and taken away. The hot tub steps were out in the yard and an iron two seater was tipped over.

Happy Friday, hosers! :icon_sunny: We're in for a pretty cold weekend here, windy but sunny, with the temps dipping into the 30sF until Monday. Then maybe it will finally stay warm!

I'm staying mostly in to mess around with my usual alt-photography crap. :lol: No special plans.

Just looking after MLW after her gall bladder surgery, yesterday. She’s getting along fine. MLSIL was down for it but is leaving in a bit - her med is being delivered sometime tomorrow and she needs to sign for it.

Just got back in from a camping trip to the mountains, lots of wildflowers out. Practiced my macro work and split ring flash. Spotted a yellow lady slipper, quite rare down in these parts, we usually have the pink ones. Lots of native bearded iris, and trout lilies in full bloom. I'll get some sorted and post some, still working on my Utah shots. It's a pain working through 700+ shots from 5 different places.

Heya Folks! As the weekend approaches, the sun goes into hiding and Saturday will be overcast and raining. There's a chance on sun on Sunday. We are having to bite the bullet and resod our front yard. The freeze we had a couple of Winters ago did a number on the lawn, followed by a brutal Summer. Last year was another brutal summer, and the lawn struggled to do anything. This winter wasn't too bad, but one week of temps in the teens did the lawn in, it decided it wasn't going to come back at all. Owing to living in an HOA, we pretty much have to put a new lawn down. It's a somewhat shaded area, so it will have to be St Augustine. Hopefully they will use a more resilient cultivar than what the builders used.
Maybe set aside some of that area for a wildflower meadow. I read recently that if you register it as a wildlife habitat for pollinators that the HOA can’t make you remove it.

Fast moving storms plowed through last evening. We were in the basement and heard a thud. Several big tree limbs down with one landing on our sunroom roof. Very close to upstairs window. No damage to the house. A local tree company that we've hired in the past to thin and trim our trees came out today. In an hour had all the tree limbs cut and taken away. The hot tub steps were out in the yard and an iron two seater was tipped over.
Glad to hear that there was no significant damage. That is scary! Were you in the basement because of the storms or is it a finished basement and that’s just where you would’ve normally been anyway?

Backyard camping with the 2 bunnys for the next 3 nights, pretty sure that counts as fun hey?🤪

Bacon, eggses, tomato's, onion a cheese sandwiches for dinner.

Just got back in from a camping trip to the mountains, lots of wildflowers out. Practiced my macro work and split ring flash. Spotted a yellow lady slipper, quite rare down in these parts, we usually have the pink ones. Lots of native bearded iris, and trout lilies in full bloom. I'll get some sorted and post some, still working on my Utah shots. It's a pain working through 700+ shots from 5 different places.
You had good weather and good light?

This is gonna be the permanent spot for there hutch, on a slight hill so gotta dig the frame in so it's level then fill it a tad.
IMG_20240420_143451.jpg

Head to tail, what a pair of spoiled bunnys...
IMG_20240420_143706.jpg

I'm really frustrated with UPS. I ordered a Garrett gold panning kit because I thought it would be a fun hobby to get into and learn, something I've always wanted to do. I ordered it over a week ago and this entire week it has been sitting in at their Massachusetts hub in Shrewsbury. So I contact them and gave them the details and they couldn't locate it and it deemed it lost. They told me I need to file a claim via UPS website. So I go do that, then it says I can't do that because its still in transit despite being told by them that it's lost. Then a few minutes later I get a email saying it was rescheduled for delivery tomorrow...what am I supposed to do?!

I'm just going to wait another day and see what happens. I purchased it on eBay from a good seller and eBay has buyer protection so push come to shove, I can file for item not received and get my money back. I thought the postal service was bad..UPS seems worse and slower around my region.

Frustrated!!! Good weather coming and I wanted to practice gold panning. Now I can't.

That's got to sh!t ya! Here it usually takes three days to arrive, but occasionally it gets caught up somewhere. Some sellers post a couple days of the week too. Fingers crossed mate. 🙂

I was watching that storm move through on radar. It looked pretty bad. Glad you're safe and only minimal damage.

Glad to hear that there was no significant damage. That is scary! Were you in the basement because of the storms or is it a finished basement and that’s just where you would’ve normally been anyway?
We went to the basement because the storm front had a few rotations spotted. We must have had very strong winds to take the limbs off the tree.

Most reactions

Back