The Colony

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A bee colony lives in these holes bored in Yellowstone volcanic tuff in the Amargosa Chaos.
400-gsj5605.jpg

An uneasy feeling prevails.

wow you can see a face on the bee hive colony...if you look closer or maybe its just my imagination....lol

The face dead center (no pun intended) was the first one I saw. Looking around though, I came across several others. I love this sorta stuff, like clouds or an M.C. Eischer work or Where's Waldo , finding many things within the one.

Thanks for sharing.

There's a movie of this also I think around - I saw something on DVD a while ago that sounds pretty similar - Pretty sure it was the same title also - Think it was on a dvd of 3 short movies..

I was reading through the description of the ebook, it said something about being on an Outer Limits episode. I should watch that more often- It'd would save me the $2 I'll be spending later :)

The face dead center (no pun intended) was the first one I saw. Looking around though, I came across several others. I love this sorta stuff, like clouds or an M.C. Eischer work or Where's Waldo , finding many things within the one.

Thanks for sharing.

I was so into the big face, I didn't even notice some of the other possibilities. I'll have to spend more time with my demons :)

That's cool. Thank you!

I was reading through the description of the ebook, it said something about being on an Outer Limits episode. I should watch that more often- It'd would save me the $2 I'll be spending later :)

Yeah now you've said the show name I think it was an Outer Limits DVD - my boyfriend hired it from the video shop the guy there told him it was a show sorta like The Twilight Zone.

Good stuff ... once again fact is stranger than fiction.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I'm starting to think, "Hey, this geology stuff ain't so boring." Who'm I kidding? That's why I take photos of junk like this of field trips.

The more you look the more you see. Love this shot. Great capture Abraxas!

Thanks MM. Next week I'm going through all my anthropomorhs and see what else is in there.

Yeah now you've said the show name I think it was an Outer Limits DVD - my boyfriend hired it from the video shop the guy there told him it was a show sorta like The Twilight Zone.

Wow- That was a great ebook! The relationship between the story and photo makes sense. Creatures that worship, how cool.

I used to watch TWZ and Outer Limits all the time, but haven't in years now. I do watch too much TV, and try to limit myself, but will keep an eye out for the episode as I usually flip through the guide late at night looking for noise. Thanks for bringing that link up Rolland.

Your welcome abraxas, I've never seen the movie, but on reading previews online, it sounds as tho the producer, twisted it way different from the story. Leaving out the sandkings sculpturing his face on their castle, would change the whole meaning of the story.

Most reactions

Back