The Color Guard

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got hired onto my university's newspaper as a photographer (yay =D ), but unfortunately there's just not a whole lot going on around the campus right now so we basically roam around and get semi-stock photos that can be used in upcoming issues if they're at least a little relevant to the articles.

And since the first football game is this Saturday I just photographed the color guard outside rehearsing. Please excuse the megasharpness on some of them. Flickr did that. :(

you sold me on #2

Great stuff.

#1 did you clip the top of the flag staff? It doesn't bother me.. much. Just slightly.

#2 is indeed superb, but I think you might have pushed the tones around to make his face look a little weird. If that's processing, maybe back off a notch or two.

#3 is almost as strong (He's a great subject, but you did great things with him).

I want the shirt from the last two, but then, I love dumb nerd jokes. They're good but not great photos.

I like the concept of the "color guard" shot in B&W.

Great stuff.

#1 did you clip the top of the flag staff? It doesn't bother me.. much. Just slightly.

#2 is indeed superb, but I think you might have pushed the tones around to make his face look a little weird. If that's processing, maybe back off a notch or two.

#3 is almost as strong (He's a great subject, but you did great things with him).

I want the shirt from the last two, but then, I love dumb nerd jokes. They're good but not great photos.

I like the concept of the "color guard" shot in B&W.

I didn't mean too. I cropped it like that because there were too distracting strangers in the frame to the right and when I cropped it with the top it looked awkwardly vertical if that makes sense. It would like halfway between a vertical photograph and a square photograph. I just didn't like it. I'll go back and see if there is some other to crop to get the top of the flag that looks good. lol.

I was also trying a new b&w processing style that I think in some situations works pretty well.

And I just got the shirt thing XD

i 8...sigma(?) pi. It probably means "some" lol. I think it would have been better if they had used θ.

Yep. The greek capital letter sigma is mathese for 'summation' as in 'add up all these things'. So, "i 8 sum pi". It's great because the translation is so banal.

"Colour Guard" in black & white... I see what you've done there! ;)

Okay, seriously, someone wanna a'splain this to the Canuck? I understand what a Colour Guard is, but I don't understand what/why it appears to be being conducted by civillians in gym clothes.

It was rehearsal. Unfortunately they don't get all uniformed up until the event. In this case the football game :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back