_MG_4374.jpg

_MG_4388.jpg

_MG_4437.jpg

_MG_4440.jpg

_MG_4445.jpg

_MG_4448.jpg

_MG_4462.jpg

_MG_4499.jpg

Burano is a small island off of Venice known for its lace and its colored houses (that tower is really leaning).

This is a beautiful place and set of photos. My picks here would be numbers 1, 2 (looks like a painting), and 5. I assume cable TV hasn't arrived in Burano yet :)

This is a beautiful place and set of photos. My picks here would be numbers 1, 2 (looks like a painting), and 5. I assume cable TV hasn't arrived in Burano yet :)

Thanks! Yes, the place was gorgeous and the people friendly. I guess you're right ... lot's of antennae.

Hey, ya gotta straighten up that tower in photoshop! :wink:

Gorgeous images. Looks like a photographer's dream destination.

Nice work!

Jon

I think my main comment would be that they all look a bit under-exposed, maybe by a 1/3rd of a stop. As a result, the colours aren't popping as much as they should. Definitely looks a promising location though.

Hey, ya gotta straighten up that tower in photoshop! :wink:

Gorgeous images. Looks like a photographer's dream destination.

Nice work!

Jon

Thanks!

Yes, and when I've straightened that one, I'll head to Pisa and straighten that one too :lmao:

I think my main comment would be that they all look a bit under-exposed, maybe by a 1/3rd of a stop. As a result, the colours aren't popping as much as they should. Definitely looks a promising location though.

Thanks for the critique, Chris. Well, I always wrestle with over/under exposing and always seem to go the wrong way :) .... If I over-expose, I blow out highlights. I'll go back and look and see if this isn't my PP rather than the exposure, because I tend to go dark with the PP.

It's a wonderful place.

it's very difficult to photograph Burano...or anywhere else in the Venice Islands group unless you can wait around for the right light and in the cooler weather, other wise you get 'the dreaded haze' as you have in a couple of these or a dull sky. I think Chris is also correct in saying they look underexposed...with a re-process and a tweak in curves the colours should pop a little better. #3 needs a serious tilt to the left too :).

it's very difficult to photograph Burano...or anywhere else in the Venice Islands group unless you can wait around for the right light and in the cooler weather, other wise you get 'the dreaded haze' as you have in a couple of these or a dull sky. I think Chris is also correct in saying they look underexposed...with a re-process and a tweak in curves the colours should pop a little better. #3 needs a serious tilt to the left too :).

Thanks, Roger. Yes, I found it very difficult. My personal favorites are #7 and #2. It was a wonderful place to go, but my wife managed to spend a lot of $$ on Murano and Burano :)

Nice shots, Ian. The others may be right about the exposure but it doesn't bother me.

My wife was there a few months ago and also managed to leave a fair amount of money behind.

Nice shots, Ian. The others may be right about the exposure but it doesn't bother me.

My wife was there a few months ago and also managed to leave a fair amount of money behind.

Yes, between Burano (lace) and Murano (glass), we also came back with a much lighter wallet! :)

Thanks for the comment too .... I wish I had more time there and I certainly wish I had my 10-20 with me as well as a tripod. Anyway, I have >2500 RAW images from the 2 week Italy trip to wade through and process.

Ian

Most reactions

New Topics

Back