The Daisies Say: A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a great time getting this shot, it was so eerie out and you could see the storm coming in for miles in the great big open field I was in. Take a look and tell me what you think.
StormDaisies.jpg

I like the shot, but I have a few things that bother me. The sky sure does look menacing, but you cant really focus on it. I'm sure you intended to have a shallow dof, but I feel its a bit distracting. I think this picture may have caught my interest more had it been shot wide open and had all the flowers in focus as well as the sky.

On a second note, I prolly would have focus'd on the closest flowers, as your about mid distance through the patch and it kinda detracts when your eye tries figuring out where the actual focal point is. I do love the colors tho.

It is a nice shot, and the sky is definitely dramatic, but there is too much sky in my opinion. I think this shot would have been much better in landscape orientation showing a wider patch of flowers and a little less sky.

Thank you very much for your advice! I whole heartedly agree with you on the midway focus through the flowers. I will remember to get the closest in focus next time I shoot.

I tried this shot MANY different ways, also doing what you had described, getting all the flowers and the sky in focus. But I found that the flowers got a little lost (you see it was a very small patch of flowers) in the mass of weeds to either side of them, and by the time I got I good shot with everything in focus, the sky lightened up tremendously and lost the menacing look. I forced myself to do a portrait shot so I could get that weird light patch up at the top in there and keep the weeds out of it. I'll keep in mind what you said. Thank you very much!

It is a nice shot, and the sky is definitely dramatic, but there is too much sky in my opinion. I think this shot would have been much better in landscape orientation showing a wider patch of flowers and a little less sky.

Thank you for commenting! I agree with you with more flowers and less sky, but it was a tiny patch of flowers and there were these great big weeds to either side of them and the daisies got abit lost with them in the frame. I also wanted to get that weird patch of light way up there in the frame too, so that is why I did what I did. Thanks again for commenting.

Most reactions

Back