The difference 4 months makes

Foxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This last summer, August 18th, I left for Sweden to study abroad. I had only had my camera for a month and a half and my skills were entirely lacking.

At the time I took a picture of the neon pathway in Chicago O'Hare Intertional Airport. I was quite proud of myself at the time.

Now, almost 4 months -- and 3800 photos, including a photo-a-day project -- later I am returning to the U.S. Once again I find myself in O'Hare and on the same neon pathway. I decided to take another picture to see how my skills have improved.

August 18th

dMGH3.jpg

January 2nd

neon_airports_by_pianoblack97-d4l3s6z.jpg

:D Obviously I still have quite a long way to go, but for still considering myself a beginner it is nice to see the improvements I have made in a wholly qualitative way.

So this post is for all of you first-timers and first-weekers/monthers. Keep at it and keep shooting! Never lose your inspiration!

A definite improvement, very nice! :) The colors are incredible.

Big improvement in composition.

How was the exposure of #1 controlled (no exif data)?

Big improvement in composition.

How was the exposure of #1 controlled (no exif data)?

ISO 800
55mm
f/5.6
1/60 sec

I think I tried to expose for the escalators in the background, failed horribly at considering the rest of the shot though :)

WOW! You certainly have come a long way.

The first was a tourist's snapshot, but that second one is a photograph!

Congratulations and keep shooting :) I really dig the colors, btw!

Man, I hope I will improve that much by April, lol

great shot.

Great shot. It would be interesting to see a 2+ second long exposure with the camera on the moving walkway...

Nice improvement. I love that part of O'Hare airport!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back