The difference between Auto WB and Cutom WB

In PP, WB adjustment is it's own adjustment/slider/whatever. You're actually adjusting the overall color temperature of the image. It's separate from the normal levels and curves, which are more for contrast, saturation, etc.

In PP, WB adjustment is it's own adjustment/slider/whatever. You're actually adjusting the overall color temperature of the image. It's separate from the normal levels and curves, which are more for contrast, saturation, etc.

What program is this on though?

I'm using GIMP and DigiKam at the moment btw. When I get Windows 7 I'll probably get Lightroom and CS4 or something. Maybe just PSE.

GIMP isn't my main editing program. I do have it installed here on my work machine, but all my RAW files are at home. Sorry, I'm not sure where exactly the adjustment would be in GIMP off the top of my head.

GIMP isn't my main editing program. I do have it installed here on my work machine, but all my RAW files are at home. Sorry, I'm not sure where exactly the adjustment would be in GIMP off the top of my head.

I found Colors>Auto>White balance. But it's not a slider, it's an automatic fix. I tested it with the same image I used here and it cake out pretty good, but not as good as CWB in camera.

If you pick up a 18% card you can set WB and snag an accurate exposure at the same time.
Can it make a difference getting that right on location? Sure can, especially in a place like a snowy scene.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back