The digital Holga

ahelg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Today I found a tool for Photoshop which turns you digital photos into holga look-alikes. Here is an example of what it can produce.

PA030158xx.jpg

You can download the tool for free from http://share.studio.adobe.com/axQuickSearchSubmit.asp?txt=Holga&allprods=2&submit1.x=16&submit1.y=16

To me, the main point of using a Holga, is the fun of using a Holga.

Get real, that looks WAY too good to pass as a Holga.

(To me the main point of using a Holga is to pat yourself on the back if you get ANY kind of picture at all).

Photoshop tools don't go 'clunk' when you push the go button. I still smile, if not laugh every time I snap a pic with my Holga. Holga is an experience, not a filter...............

Holga is not cool. The same kina of pictures can be taken by any camera you buy for $5 at a garage sale. Just take an ice pick to it, drop it off the roof a couple times, and rub some sand in the lens.

Now if you really want a kool, attention getting, challenging camera that takes unique pictures, get a Barbie Camera!!! (D70 and 20D owners- eat your heart out!)

http://www.superkids.com/aweb/pages/reviews/girls/5/barbicam/merge.shtml

But that one's digital and we all know that The Real Photographers here shoot only film, right? So here's a really totally awsome camera that will make you the envy of all of us here!!! It's the Barbie Squishy Jelly Camera! "Clunk" when you push the shutter- how 20th century. The Barbie Squishy Jelly Camera doesn't have a shutter button- you just squeeze it's little jelly body to take a picture!!!!! Distinctive, unique pictures and it's downright erotic, too, all for only £6.50 !!!!!

http://www.shop.edirectory.co.uk/pf...AHCQ_+Barbie+110mm+Bubble+Camera+with&cid=880

Goofup said:

(To me the main point of using a Holga is to pat yourself on the back if you get ANY kind of picture at all).

I have seen Holga prints that look as good and better that this one from P Bailey, Terri, myself and other TPF members.

IMO the problem is it’s easier and more fun to use a Holga them to use PS for this effect

I'm getting a Holga for Christmas, but I just wanted something to mess around with first.

photosoup guru I will send you the file now.

Well, I'm going to say thanks for the link even if no-one else will. :)

I just need to wait for the page to load. :mrgreen:

Jeff Canes said:
Goofup said:

I have seen Holga prints that look as good and better that this one from P Bailey, Terri, myself and other TPF members.

IMO the problem is it’s easier and more fun to use a Holga them to use PS for this effect

Why, thank you, Jeff. :D Don't forget Oriecat. :wink: And we do like our film in those cheap cameras, Goofup, thanks. :p They're admittedly an acquired taste! :LOL:

True fully I was disappointed with this post. Was hoping to see how some one cleverly or be it foolish mounted a new Hasselblad digital back to Holga

Well that's it then. I'm trading up to a Barbie Squishy Jelly Camera. What more could a photographer want :sillysmi:

Most reactions

Back