The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm reading The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby... purchased it from Amazon because of its ratings. It definitely falls into the 'You either LOVE it or HATE it' category.

Being a newb, I found it to be a very a helpful and interesting read. It provides a great depth of information for beginners... which I am. Many of the subjects he discusses is common sense.

Another good place for beginners to learn about photography is the USPS website (http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html) on how to take photos for a passport. Don't laugh! If you're truly a newbie, check it out and see if you don't learn something new. I didn't say you'd learn a lot, but I think you'll learn something... as minute as it may be. ;)

What photography books have you read that were must reads for you?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm reading The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby... purchased it from Amazon because of its ratings. It definitely falls into the 'You either LOVE it or HATE it' category.

Being a newb, I found it to be a very a helpful and interesting read. It provides a great depth of information for beginners... which I am. Many of the subjects he discusses is common sense.

Another good place for beginners to learn about photography is the USPS website (http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html) on how to take photos for a passport. Don't laugh! If you're truly a newbie, check it out and see if you don't learn something new. I didn't say you'd learn a lot, but I think you'll learn something... as minute as it may be. ;)

What photography books have you read that were must reads for you?

A great way of explaining Tack Sharp. LOL

It is a great book!

for me it was (and is) The Photography Bible by Daniel Lezano
i cant find the newest version on the amazon.com or bn.com but the newest version (to my knowledge) shows a straight on frontal view of the Nikon D40x on the cover
this is the version that i have and is a great reference and tips book, as well as a great way to explain the fundamental basics of photography
i bought mine for around $20 at Borders Books

I just finished Scott Kelby's CS3 book. His humor can be annoying, but it is a really good book for learning ways to do specific things in Photoshop. He doesn't go into the details of the fundamentals behind the process, so I am now reading Photoshop CS3 for dummies to understand those. I am about 1/3 through that book and I can recommend it as well.

I am getting back into photography after quite a few years away from it. Another good book I recently read on the fundamentals is Understanding Exposure. The book is 15 years or so and written relative to film photography, but it is a great book on the fundamentals of exposure. It also gives some good techniques to get certain types of shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back