The Dog Trainer--Run and Gun

I'm still not digging the orange hair highlight. To me it makes no sense, the light from the sunset would not be strong enough to cause that much of a orange highlight (inverse square law), I think if you just toned it down a bit in editing it would blend much better.

I think it's entirely possible for the sun to have that much color and brightness as it filters through the hair. This isn't a great photo but it was taken in similar conditions.

Notice how the light in the sky and on the background is darker less vibrant than what is being reflected by his hair.

I also imagine it would be fairly difficult to apply the inverse square law to the sun, because, in many ways, it's outside the realm of human conception. Most of the time, the inverse square law is used to explain small movements of photo equipment. Since the sun has no comparative light source, it's hard to get a grasp at just how much the inverse square law affects the apparent amount of light falling on a subject (in this case, the light filtering through the hair).

but I don't get that feel with the background underexposed.

Most reactions

Back