The domtoren Utrecht / C&C welcome

The first one is really nice. The perspective you've created using the building on the left creates some nice leading lines and the Lampost forms an effective border to the right. The curve of the street also helps draw the eye into the picture with the people giving some foreground interest. It looks well exposed to me which is difficult in that kind of situation and you've got some good subtlety going on with the clouds in the sky. The only thing I'd say is it looks like you have quite a bit of perspective distortion with both the Lampost and the building on the left with the leaning in a lot, however I don't think it hurts this image too much as it lends itself to the enclosed, towering feeling you've created here. I like it a lot.

The second image is okay, a good idea to contrast the nearby house which is a lot smaller and plainer, it appears well exposed and again a good job in managing the highlights and shadows. I don't think the expanse of sky is needed here and if it were mine I'd crop it just above the church tower. I think the foreshortened effect of looking up means it doesn't have the same sense of scale or impact as your first, but a decent enough job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back