The end of the DSLR (for the 1000th time)

I don't think the dslr will die, I know for a fact it will evolve, as it has since it was a glass negative box affair with calf skin bellows. It's one generation of the ever evolving camera.

I have three DSLRs, but I'm OK with mirrorless...

tumblr_mc11539M4J1rau80yo1_500.jpg

of course, it has to be able to handle m42 primes.

I have beavered away with an old original Canon Digital Rebel that I bought in NYC over 10 years ago although the love had long since expired. Planning for a holiday to Canada and a cruise up to Alaska I decided to buy a new compact to save the bulk of my lenses and decided on a Lumix FZ200 that I was able to get dirt cheap from Amazon. Although not the current model the features and ease of use rekindled my love of photography to such an extent that I also decided to upgrade my DSLR. I decided to buy a used Canon 60D from a reputable dealer for peanuts which, again, while not up to date is such a huge improvement over my old kit. The added bonus is that all my old lenses work while I save up for some sexy L glass.

DSLRs dead? Nah, they're just resting.

Glass plate negative, box cameras, and other older styles are not even dead yet, there are a few still in use and more in the hands of collectors in working condition.
I see camera evolution as just that; all camera types are cameras first and therefore will never die out, just move to the next most popular style or type as demands change and tech advances.

Most reactions

Back