In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just one example:
A 2015 report by Grinnell College in Iowa revealed that as much as 26,500 pounds (12,020 kg) of human excrement is left behind on the Mt. Everest after each climbing season.
That doesn't count all the other junk and trash climbers leave behind.

Many other popular tourist attractions around the world are steadily being degraded by the thousands and thousands of tourists that visit, carve their names into structures, ignore rules, chip off parts of structures to take home, etc.

Good grief! How many people does that work out to be?

I thought there was some kind of unwritten rule that you were supposed to carry everything out with you.

Good grief! How many people does that work out to be?

I thought there was some kind of unwritten rule that you were supposed to carry everything out with you.
There's a lot of dead people up there, too. Can't carry them out. Trash becomes a secondary concern.

This kind of thing will not likely make it to my bucket list! It's a mite unseemly, isn't it?

It's an industry; Everest Base Camp Trek: Hike Everest
The upper camps on the mountain are slowly being cleaned up, including some of the bodies.
Most people only go to Everest base camp, though during the climbing season these days there is a near solid line of people being guided up the mountain.
http://i.imgur.com/wqQV1LX.jpg
Not all of those folks get to the summit. Some get as high as camp 5. Most don't - but they all have to crap, pretty much every day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back