The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
People see doctor shows on TV and they sort of assume that a little voice whispers the diagnosis when the doctor listens to the stethoscope or it comes printed out on a lab result in the clear like "this person has incipient something or other.'

Well, it isn't like that. Diagnosis is taking all the signs, symptoms and lab test results and trying to balance all the facts to make a tentative diagnosis and then trying the appropriate treatment.

Understanding and editing images is the same thing, without most lab results.

So many people just stare at their images, evidently without any questions in mind, and are just confounded why it doesn't look 'right.'

Well, that's where actual learning should step in.

Stop thinking in terms of sharpness, white balance, any of that technical stuff.
Don't tell the viewers what you are thinking, trying to make up for what the photo doesn't tell.

Start thinking in terms of why the picture doesn't look right, successful.

We've all seen good pictures.
Why is this one different?
Where and how does it fall short?

What are the characteristics of this one that are different from the 'good' one?

Can these be fixed?
Do I need to reshoot?

Stop looking for magic technical bullets, like actions or add-ons or new lenses or anything.

Look at the damn picture.

From now on, when I edit a posted image and it works, I'm not going to tell the OP what I did.
That's too easy.
Let them figure it.
They invariably need the exercise.

Most reactions

Back