The excitment of tracking a shipment

I love tracking packages, except when they are coming from USPS as there tracking usually only says they have been electronically notified to pick up the package, then it says delivered a few days after it has been delivered. We have UPS, DHL, and FedEx here. They all have good tracking systems but DHL is so unreliable that I try to avoid them.

My Rebel XT was sent DHL and according to tracking it was delivered to my house. It wasn't on my porch so I called them and the hub said they would get a message out to the driver and get some clarification. By this point it was late in the day and they called me back and said the driver was headed back to the hub and he left the package on my front porch. I told them it wasn't there and they said since the driver was so far away, he couldn't do anything about it until the following Tuesday and was a long holiday weekend. After bickering back and forth with them, I told them I wanted my package to be found that day, no other way. They were telling me that they would refund the shipping charges to the shipper and that is all they could do about it. Screw Dell, I didn't care if they got their shipping money back, I wanted my camera. For it to be covered under their insuarnce, I would have to prove I didn't get it...how the hell would I do that? Finally, they found my package and I had it that day.

UPS was definately closed on the 4th, I was at camp consuming some alcohol with my other half and he is a UPS driver :lol:

Just so you all know, UPS insurance is worthess unless the item is packed in original manufacturer packaging. If it is not packaged how it was originally packaged from the manufacturer when new, UPS doesn't have to cover the item if it is broken. I personally know that those packages go through hell before being left on your doorstep.

UPS doesn't have to knock anymore wither, they can just drop it and go. Some are nice enough to knock but when they have 120 stops in a day, they don't really have time to wait for someone to answer the door. Not sure about your area but 120 stops is average for my area which is in the middle of nowhere. Christmas season, they have over 300 stops but they also have seasonal helpers then too.

Most reactions

Back