Need Camera Recomendations

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've always wanted to start one of these threads, since I think every other n00b in the world has... and although I am not a total n00b here any more, I am in my first couple of months so that should count.

Ok, here's what I need.

I am shooting Nikon DSLR's, and I need a film 35mm. I am planning on buying it used, on eBay. I am going to use it for some astrophotography work, and for some other stuff as well (general purpose). The camera needs to be able to shoot fully manual, since I will be hooked up to the scope via a t-ring adapter. It needs to be AF to work with all of my lenses (except the 18-200 which is, obviously, digital only).

The next part of the equation is cost. I want to spend as little money as possible, since I will not be shooting much for it.

I see cameras like the N65, N75 dirt cheap all the time, but I don't suspect they would be very good for my purpose... but how about something like an N90?

My other option is to just get an old FM for Astro work and an F5 for film work... but that is getting to be money.

Thoughts?

I think the N90 would be a good camera for your uses. It is a very sturdy body and was the last of the older generation film bodies to be discontinued so you can probably get some that are not too old and still in good shape. Add a grip and the data back and ou have a very nice machine.

Check out KEH.com, too. The quality of their cameras is supposed to be very high, even the ones marked as bargain.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back