The fate of 35mm

Ahh true I forgot about the company folding aspect!
Althoug the shared stored data (essentially a massive internet RAID setup) could be a possibility. Of course the whole thing relies upon a stable global power setup - countries like China suddenly pulling the plug would be a problem as well as any form of disription to the power or communications grid

End of the story is long term nothing is certain

In a perfect world, your idea is perfect. Unfortunately there has never been such a thing as a perfect world. I am a dreamer and so I hope to see this perfect world someday. I am also a realist and I don't see this perfect world anytime in the near future :lol:

I truly believe that storage is to be done at home. For the time being anyway. And because of the cost of it, it is a threat to the survival of a lot of great info, whether visual or other.

I wonder - when technology advances far enough so that bio implantes are a feasable reality for the masses (someone has already implanted a microchip to read his muscle motions to allow control over a remote robitic hand) that safe file storage won't just being "at home" but inside!!!

:lmao:

Don't know about that but I'm not interested in becoming part machine. Ever seen "The Matrix" or read "Rant" by Palahniuk?

sorry,bro. No bromance for us? I'm sorry the glass is half empty with everything new for you. I don't think anyone here is fully embracing new technology blindly but I don't think anyone here is going to fight a river either. Most savvy people can assess what it happening after they've had time to let change sink in and then they can try to objectively read the situation and figure out what works. I agree that corporation often try to sell us things but that wasn't my point. I just think if there is a ubiquitous need in photography somebody will probably fill that need. Photography is a pretty big industry, bro. Bro.

I love reading but I am not about to read on a computer.
You are reading on a computer right now. And by the amount of posting you do on here you read off a screen a lot. :drool:

yah but I can't curl up in a chair or my bed and read the computer - and laptops are expensive and get really really hot!
Besides reading a book is totally different - far more personal!

sorry,bro. No bromance for us? I'm sorry the glass is half empty with everything new for you. I don't think anyone here is fully embracing new technology blindly but I don't think anyone here is going to fight a river either.

Sorry sis, I don't fight the river but I don't feel I have to be part of it either. I'll watch you go by in the flood though, sis.

sorry,bro. No bromance for us? I'm sorry the glass is half empty with everything new for you. I don't think anyone here is fully embracing new technology blindly but I don't think anyone here is going to fight a river either.

Sorry sis, I don't fight the river but I don't feel I have to be part of it either. I'll watch you go by in the flood though, sis.

Thanks, bro. I'm a good swimmer. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back