The fence

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While I was out taking Fog pictures, I came upon this fence with its alternating angles, and really liked the image. The original photograph was naturally in color, but I really didn't like it all that much. The 1st picture is just a B&W of it, which I liked so much better. But then I thought a slight crop would help, so that where the 2nd image came from.

CC's are welcome.

DSC_0046B&W by jaw101, on Flickr

And the slight crop

DSC_0046B&W - Copy by jaw101, on Flickr

Thank you Frequency. Which one do you prefer, or is the crop just too small to really make a difference?

It really depends on what you want your photo to show in the end: when you want to underline that it is a fence which goes round a corner, you would want to choose Version 1. When it is all about LINES, though, less about the fence as a FENCE, then it would be Version 2. I think...

LaFoto, thank you for your comments. Now I have to decide if I'm more interested in the fence or the lines. I think it's always been about the unique lines.

I like #1. It needs that space at the edge IMO.

Thank you Mommy-medic. I tend to agree. Just need to work on less mid tones and more black and white.

Most reactions

Back