What's new

The Final Journey

MatchlessArts

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
413
Reaction score
83
This has a fantasy theme to it and I really wanted to bring out some colors I had envisioned and make everything crisp and welcoming.

I shot this with my canon t3i and 50mm 1.4 lens then brought it into adobe photoshop camera raw.

*Watch in HD



7540641572_26d30f0216_b.jpg


Before and After

428792_344857878926496_1471024554_n.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool stuff. Not sure I am diggin' the subjects and horizon being dead center though. Doesn't give a good sense of depth and drama to match the theme.
 
Cool stuff. Not sure I am diggin' the subjects and horizon being dead center though. Doesn't give a good sense of depth and drama to match the theme.


+1
 
I have to disagree with the above comments. I like the fantasy feel to it. The subjects are about center of the frame but to me it works.

That's what I like about art. Every person has their own opinion and feel for the image.
 
thanks everyone, In my head this is the image I wanted to create. Yes they are centered but you can break the rules every once in awhile and 412 Burgh said it perfectly and thats the way I live by my work sometimes. Its art and people see it different, I love all the input whether it be negative or positive. Thank you everyone.
 
nice enough.. but you do realize, that if you had shot them properly, you would not have had to photo shop them like that to bring up the underexposure, and you could had a more dramatic sky also? Try and get it right in camera.... not in POST! :)
 
It's not about rules, so whether they are broken or not is irrelevant. My comment was based on my preference...which does happen to fit rot's, however I don't believe in "rules" per se anyway. lol
 
The flat and basically mundane colors don't support the fantasy elements of this image, I find. The out of focus foreground tends to pull the viewer in to the frame, making us feel that we're present, rather than looking at something from afar, and I don't think that supports the fantasy very well either, my feeling is you want all the remoteness, drama, and other-worldliness you can muster to make this sort of thing work. To be honest, it looks like some women in costumes standing in someone's back field.

As for centering everything, that's your vision. Breaking rules is all very well, but you're better off breaking them for a reason. Don't be glib about rule breaking, do it for reasons and with thought. "Rules" are not rules, but they are expectations that many viewers will bring to the image. You use up credit with your viewers every time you do something they don't expect, and you should, in return, reward them. Did you want the figures centered because they're the main thing you want people looking at, and you want nothing whatsoever to distract? That's fine, then, and it works in this case. It's an excellent reason for putting the subject in the center. Does the horizon fall there, because you concept made an eye-level shot necessary? Great.
 
On this one I'm with Amolitor, it's just a couple women in costumes walking in a field. There's nothing dramatic that I'd expect to see in a fantasy scenario. There's nothing there that indicates to me that they are, in fact on some kind of journey, or even have a reason to be on one. The photo's details in general seem lacking to me also. Not sure how to state it, but the best I can give it is that it looks like the photo came from a cheap, low res camera.

Sorry to be so harsh but this one just isn't up to par with the one you did of your sister.
 
I have an idea for an edit, if you'll allow.
 
Just to touch on some of the composition people were talking about , I also added some more saturation. I think it gives it a more surreal "fantasy" feel. You may feel different.

$new--4.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom