The Finke Desert Race - Final Day

Centralian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
centralian.redbubble.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay my previous thread was solely shot at the Prologue whereas these shots are from the final day of the two day event. This day the competitors race back from Finke to Alice Springs. This race is a grueling desert race and is very tough on the vehicles, usually lots of broken bones too. There was a cap this year on the number of bikes which was capped at 500 competitors and there were close to a 100 cars. Out of the cars only 41 finished the second day of the event. You are allowed to view the race from anywhere along the 226 km of track.

I selected a position at the 10km mark from the finish of the race to take these and I was right on the edge of the track so it was a bit hairy to say the least as these guys are doing in excess of 130 km/h at this point. Please click on the images for a larger version:

This was the outright winner of the race from Finke to Alice Springs:

The rest are a selection of shots from the 10km marker before the finish line:

first and last are amazing. super sharp and nice colours. what kind of PP did you do?

first and last are amazing. super sharp and nice colours. what kind of PP did you do?

Sorry I have been a bit remiss on commenting lately, so much going on in my families life.

Thanks for the kind words, I use PS CS4 for pping mostly sharpening and noise removal if needed, I will adjust exposure and levels too. I don't do it for every shot so I treat each shot as an indiviual work.

I have just taken receipt of a Canon 1DMk4 body so my days of having to tackle fast action shots with my 5DMk2 are now thankfully over. The 5DMk2 will now only be used for landscapes and portraits.

Wow, I love first and last as well. Last really takes the cake. It looks just like an RC buggy or something. Great!

Most reactions

Back