limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lime Rock, CT, Labor Day Weekend Vintage Festival. I was there for the practice day.

A few pre-war cars:

Car 3
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

This guy gave me a salute when he saw me panning:

Car 746

How can you NOT love a race track that puts up Hemingway quotes?

The only real sports

And a few detail shots of one of the many bee-yoooo-tiful cars there:

Plymouth 33

Plymouth helmet

Plymouth

There might be a few more that I haven't really worked on yet. One roll ended up underexposed because I forgot to set the ISO on the K1000 (what can I say, having a camera with a working meter is a novelty to me ;) ) The top picture actually came from that roll and that one was close enough to tweak slightly. Others lose a bit too much detail or are just too grainy.

I'm LOVING #1 and #2. Gorgeous.

One of my friends (now deceased) collected Plymouth cars. I think his wife may still have one someplace.

I think it is a hoot to see that they carried a spare tire around the race course.

Interesting cars! I don't think I've ever seen anything like them before. I like the detail shots quite a bit!

I'm LOVING #1 and #2. Gorgeous.

Thank you! :)

One of my friends (now deceased) collected Plymouth cars. I think his wife may still have one someplace.

I think it is a hoot to see that they carried a spare tire around the race course.

I can't remember if that particular one was running or was just there for the Sunday show, but yeah, it's fun to see the cars that actually run around the track :)

Interesting cars! I don't think I've ever seen anything like them before. I like the detail shots quite a bit!

They're gorgeous cars. They have different classes that run together, and these were the earliest ones. Some of them look like tin cans ;) Then they go chronologically until you get to the 50s and 60s. There are big American muscle cars that barrel down the straights, and then you get to watch the little Minis dance circles around them in the corners :D

Nice series LROD.

Thank you, JRan! :)

Nice! They remind me of Formula Vee.

Looks like fun!:)

Okay, who in Hades is posting colour images from Lenny's account??????

;)

Great series!

It's my evil twin. You can tell which one is her because she's got a goatee. She says thank you :D

Nice! They remind me of Formula Vee.

Looks like fun!:)

Thanks! :) It's a really fun day. What I love is that it's a really mellow atmosphere. Just pack a picnic, grab some cameras, set up on a nice grassy hill and watch them run! Plus there's beer!

That's so cool. There's a car cruise in and a parade here, but I've never seen vintage race cars. I particularly like the close up shots, very nice.

That's so cool. There's a car cruise in and a parade here, but I've never seen vintage race cars. I particularly like the close up shots, very nice.

Thanks, Sharon. I love detail shots anyway, but it's often the only way to get a decent shot of the cars in the paddock because the background is always so cluttered or filled with people. There were 3-4 guys hovering around that Plymouth and I had to crop the last one a little bit to get rid of the grill of the modern Jeep in the top right corner :)

Plymouth helmet nominated for POTM. Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back