The first birthday

dsiglin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend recently hosted her daughter's first birthday. The theme was "Totoro" so I was definitely going to go being a big Miyazaki & Studio Ghibli fan. This little lady is just learning to walk and she is developing her own personality. We all had a great time spoiling her. :) One of the funnier moments was coaxing her to eat her Totoro cake and her bursting into tears. Guess she didn't like the taste.

$b1.jpg$b2.jpg$b3.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone else sees something funky going on with her hair on the back of her head in the first photo? At home it looks fine but at work it's pretty obvious where I burned the background.

I'm at work with a crappy computer. can't tell you really anything helpful :)
but... just want to say that I really like your second photo.... :D

in the first photo, her head is just in awkward position. It's not pleasing to look at.... ( for me, maybe I'm the only one)
in the third, this shoulder oof consumes a bit more space in the photo then it should.

Let me just say that sushi was amazing and it didn't last long. :) Thanks for the input.

I agree about the awkward look of the first.
I think that the third is very, very nice but needlessly square and would look great cropped 4 x 5

$b3lll.jpg

I can try a different crop on that one. I felt the elements in the photo to the left of her were just distractions. That's too bad about the first photo, I love the way the light is falling on her. If I made it a tighter crop you wouldn't know she had her head turned like that.

EDIT: for some reason I just noticed your crop Lew, yeah that works!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back