The Forgotten Sunset

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was digging through my photo library searching for a particular old photo and I came across this sunset shot that I never shared and it deserved to be shared.

I took this photo back in 2010 on Lake Champlain, I was actually on a boat attending a family wedding. It was a beautiful day! I'm not EXACTLY sure where on the lake I was at the time, but I know I was near Burlington, VT.

It's a shame I didn't shoot RAW at the time. I was still getting into photography using my very first DSLR, the Nikon D60! I loved that camera.

Sometimes it's good to go back and look through your old stuff. You never know what you'll see that you didn't see before.

Last edited:
Nice shot. Great to see Lake Champlain, I have some friends in Charlotte and they have told me it is beautiful at the lake.

Nice shot. Great to see Lake Champlain, I have some friends in Charlotte and they have told me it is beautiful at the lake.

Yeah it is a beautiful lake, wish I could visit it more often. Maybe I'll try to get some sunset shots there next summer.

Gorgeous colors. Were they naturally those shades?
If I remember correctly, it was pretty darn close. It was dark too so the camera overexposed it. But yeah it was probably one of the best sunsets I ever seen.

Nice shot! You captured the range of light and colors beautifully. Pretty amazing what 10 MPs and a camera made for beginners could do. I also started out with a D60. I had no idea what I was doing but it was easy and fun! Some of my favorite photos of my daughter were taken with that camera. I gave it to my oldest nephew along with the kit 18-55 and he still uses it occasionally.

Nice shot! You captured the range of light and colors beautifully. Pretty amazing what 10 MPs and a camera made for beginners could do. I also started out with a D60. I had no idea what I was doing but it was easy and fun! Some of my favorite photos of my daughter were taken with that camera. I gave it to my oldest nephew along with the kit 18-55 and he still uses it occasionally.

Yeah, the D60 was a great camera probably because it had a really good sensor for such a entry level camera. I believe it had a D200 sensor. I believe the lens I was using was actually broken but it still worked!

Most reactions

Back