The Geese are back :)

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by PixelRabbit, Mar 5, 2012.

1. PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit A naughty little bunny...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The river is starting to come alive again :) We have seen ducks, gulls, geese and the beaver over the past couple weeks.
    Here are some shots of the geese.

I`m not thrilled to bits over the focus on them.

C&C always welcome and appreciated :)

I saw these guys fly in down river so I grabbed the camera and headed down. I tucked in at the shoreline up river from them where I had a lot of river in view. They made their way up river ... and spotted me... and one was very vocal. After having a good loud honk at me for being there they took off.

[​IMG]
    Canada Goose by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Ready to Take off. by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Go! by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Now I like this next one (except the tips of the wings) but I suspect it has the potential to be one of `those`shots ... the ones I like but everyone else goes ... erm... no lol Sharing it anyway!

[​IMG]
    Flying in the snow. by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

2. Austin Greene

Austin Greene Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Last one is a great shot, and definitely my favorite of the bunch! However, is it just me, or do they all seem quite grainy? Not ISO noise, almost like a crazy amount of PP sharpening or poor compression, I dont know. Curious if anyone else is seeing that, it really shows up in #1. Like I said though, the last one is great :)

3. Joel_W

Joel_W TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Very nice set of 4 pictures. I actually like picture #3 the best. Nice action taking off with the interaction of the water. While I like the bird in flight in picture #4, the white sky just doesn't add anything to your composition, and I can't see where the photo ends and the forum page actually starts.

4. PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit A naughty little bunny...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks Toga :) Nope definitely not just you, I think what you are describing as grainy I called lack of focus in the OP. It def. wouldn`t be over sharpening, I`m pretty nitty about that, but I did have a hard time with unsharp mask and never felt like it got there perfectly.

I`m wondering if part of it is the wide array of browns. When I was reviewing the whole set there were so many that were just `blah`because of the shoreline. These ones were the best because of the red on the shoreline and it lent a bit of contrast.

Thanks Joel :)
    I can`t believe I didn`t notice that... good white balance? lol Perhaps some kind of border is in order for when it is viewed on white.

5. Joel_W

Joel_W TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit