The Geese are back :)

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The river is starting to come alive again :) We have seen ducks, gulls, geese and the beaver over the past couple weeks.
Here are some shots of the geese.

I`m not thrilled to bits over the focus on them.

C&C always welcome and appreciated :)

I saw these guys fly in down river so I grabbed the camera and headed down. I tucked in at the shoreline up river from them where I had a lot of river in view. They made their way up river ... and spotted me... and one was very vocal. After having a good loud honk at me for being there they took off.

Canada Goose by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Ready to Take off. by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Go! by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Now I like this next one (except the tips of the wings) but I suspect it has the potential to be one of `those`shots ... the ones I like but everyone else goes ... erm... no lol Sharing it anyway!

Flying in the snow. by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Last one is a great shot, and definitely my favorite of the bunch! However, is it just me, or do they all seem quite grainy? Not ISO noise, almost like a crazy amount of PP sharpening or poor compression, I dont know. Curious if anyone else is seeing that, it really shows up in #1. Like I said though, the last one is great :)

Very nice set of 4 pictures. I actually like picture #3 the best. Nice action taking off with the interaction of the water. While I like the bird in flight in picture #4, the white sky just doesn't add anything to your composition, and I can't see where the photo ends and the forum page actually starts.

Last one is a great shot, and definitely my favorite of the bunch! However, is it just me, or do they all seem quite grainy? Not ISO noise, almost like a crazy amount of PP sharpening or poor compression, I dont know. Curious if anyone else is seeing that, it really shows up in #1. Like I said though, the last one is great :)

Thanks Toga :) Nope definitely not just you, I think what you are describing as grainy I called lack of focus in the OP. It def. wouldn`t be over sharpening, I`m pretty nitty about that, but I did have a hard time with unsharp mask and never felt like it got there perfectly.

I`m wondering if part of it is the wide array of browns. When I was reviewing the whole set there were so many that were just `blah`because of the shoreline. These ones were the best because of the red on the shoreline and it lent a bit of contrast.

Very nice set of 4 pictures. I actually like picture #3 the best. Nice action taking off with the interaction of the water. While I like the bird in flight in picture #4, the white sky just doesn't add anything to your composition, and I can't see where the photo ends and the forum page actually starts.
Thanks Joel :)
I can`t believe I didn`t notice that... good white balance? lol Perhaps some kind of border is in order for when it is viewed on white.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back