#3 - 1/80, f2.8, ISO 400, 50 mm
#4 - 1/125, f2.8, ISO 800, 50 mm
#5 - 1/80, f3.5, ISO 400, 50 mm

Self criticism:
#1 - cropped off fingers =(

#4 - compo could have been better, objects bg clutter =(

Sorry about the small pictures, got bigger ones here

Scientifically Artistic Side of Things

I am mainly here for technical improvement but please allow me the opportunity to share a little bit about my actual work.

All these photos that I posted all along are actually from my invention of an article that I hope can help us, through pictures and words, understand another person to a certain degree.

The full article for Chloe Leen is here -> Chloe Leen

After reading the article and looking at the photos, please try to use all of the emotions and impressions generated by them to, in your mind, reconstruct an individual. If what you have constructed in your mind is at least 10 % of the real person then my experimental article is on the right track.
I would be grateful for any feedback at all as they are valuable for my experiment’s progress. Thank you ;-)

I really like #3, I think that it has a feel and story to it.
Her skin tone changes from photo to photo.

I really like #3, I think that it has a feel and story to it.
Her skin tone changes from photo to photo.

thank you =) Im really happy that you like my photos

haha variable skin tone is good or bad thing ?

Wonderful image

But in most of the exposure light in the background is a plus, I think, a result of slow shutter

Try to use the shutter speed

1 / 200

Backlight to avoid significantly

Wonderful image

But in most of the exposure light in the background is a plus, I think, a result of slow shutter

1 / 200

hmm ... but wouldnt the subject be underexposed instead ?

Lighting in the place is very beautiful and symmetric so it will not be a underexposed, especially with the use of lens aperture slightly larger

Without fill flash, changing the exposure to 1/200 is just going to make the scene underexposed. If the OP had a way to equalize the exposure with additional lighting, it would be a different story.

Wonderful image

1 / 200

hmm ... but wouldnt the subject be underexposed instead ?

Since your using all natural light, going to a faster shutter speed will deffinetly change the exposure on your subject and make it darker. It will also make your embient light darker.
In that lightning situation, i wouldnt use a faster shutter speed since i think the background and subject look great exposed that way, these shots are really nice.

That is one of the downfalls of not using flash. You can't expose for the background and subject, you have to compromise someplace. I think you did a wonderful job of that here.

Lighting in the place is very beautiful and symmetric so it will not be a underexposed, especially with the use of lens aperture slightly larger

hmm ... well ... worth a try

Without fill flash, changing the exposure to 1/200 is just going to make the scene underexposed. If the OP had a way to equalize the exposure with additional lighting, it would be a different story.

hmm maybe can use a reflector or something, need to buy one

Since your using all natural light, going to a faster shutter speed will deffinetly change the exposure on your subject and make it darker. It will also make your embient light darker.
In that lightning situation, i wouldnt use a faster shutter speed since i think the background and subject look great exposed that way, these shots are really nice.

thank you very much =)

the thing is, wether the subject darker or brighter, both would make two very different pictures with two very distinctive feelings to them, then again, we must consider wether or not this difference in emotive quality is a valid point of consideration or not

That is one of the downfalls of not using flash. You can't expose for the background and subject, you have to compromise someplace. I think you did a wonderful job of that here.

indeed, unless i buy a reflector lol I thought about buying it months ago but somehow didnt manage to get my ass off the couch and actually buy one XD

thank you very much =) I will try even harder on my next shot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back