What's new

The Golden Hour

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
788
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$8390124336_5def855d1d_o.webp
 
A little over the top, but in a good way. It might benefit from a black border.
 
I printed it with a very narrow black border and it looked pretty good. It's quite bright, but it is so close to SOOC as to be almost scary. The wall straight ahead is painted a very golden yellow with a wainscoat of deep red which adds significantly to the intensity of the color. I think this is one of the first shots I made with my D7000.
 
as per Ken's suggestion...

$8389538667_f74c145791_o.webp
 
Good to see a warm, sunbathed room, even though it's just in a photograph. :wink:
 
I agree with Ken's comments. The black border really compliments the image – how about going with a thicker border?
 
Fantastic shot!
 
That's quite possible and I've never gone there with that particular image. I shall give it a go when I return from this weekend's travels. I have to go even further north where it's bloody damn cold.
 
I saw shades of gray in your photo

View attachment 32868

Rick - this version seems to have lost a little punch in the highlights, which the B&W really could use

Thanks Ken, I didn't play with this one at all. I simply desaturated to give CB idea what's there. I agree. I love high contrast in any B&W. Without it there's no punch. This one will need a little PP surgery.
 
I think I would have taken a step to the left and a step back. Get a little bit more of the windows in the shot, along with a bit more of the wall. Still an interesting composition.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom