The Government Center

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
502-8x10-gs7305.jpg

outstanding image, I love it for it's coldness and bleakness...very Orwellian. Is the apparant face a PS effect or natural?

Thanks. I've been trying to get back to this spot for a couple years now and finally made it yesterday (Thursday 2/28). Anyway, the face is pretty much natural with the exception of having to dodge the forehead and the right cheek, and burn just below the cheeks to bring it out a bit.

Why is there a face there?

When you said government center I was expecting something more modern...but somehow this doesn't surprise me. You continue to crack me up in interesting ways Ab, I don't know how intentional it is but I like your style.

Excellent. That is a top-quality capture right there, from the top edge, to the bottom edge, I'm having trouble finding anything wrong with this shot. And that apparent face is a really nice touch to the shot, adds a whole eerie layer to the photo. Great work, as always. Every time I enter one of your threads, I come away impressed.

Why is there a face there?

When you said government center I was expecting something more modern...but somehow this doesn't surprise me. You continue to crack me up in interesting ways Ab, I don't know how intentional it is but I like your style.

The face?- Ultimate power maybe?- Could be indifference to the public? You'll have to ask the receptionist, at the "Center."

These shots (somewhat depressed and satirical/futuristic) are intentional. I spent a good deal of time thinking about this location over the two or three years since I last visited. I don't feel I got it quite right yet though. I wanted to be there at sunset, but things would have got a bit creepy with the guy who was there before me. Intrusions into another's privacy fifteen miles into the backcountry can get a bit, "iffy." I'm not sure why he had what sounded like a machine shop in a bobtail truck and a trailer. Maybe chopping stolen motorcycles or building speed labs, but I expect to be left the hell alone out there and figured he did too. We did wave to each other (customary) as I left.

Thank you. I figure if I have nothing else I have my style and have fun developing it. Here's a couple of threads that are likewise;

Neutopia

Urbanoplis

Excellent. That is a top-quality capture right there, from the top edge, to the bottom edge, I'm having trouble finding anything wrong with this shot. And that apparent face is a really nice touch to the shot, adds a whole eerie layer to the photo. Great work, as always. Every time I enter one of your threads, I come away impressed.

Thanks Trenton. I think after learning composition and getting a handle on exposure the fun starts. If you go with the fun stuff it becomes an expression and technical junk doesn't matter. Kind of like riding a bicycle. It doesn't matter how you do it, but where it takes you. I love the anthropomorphics (human faces, etc.) and have seen them since I was a kid. There's a lot of enjoyment being able to show what I see to others. Sorry to ramble, but again, thank you.

This is insane wild- listen and read this while checking out the shot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ab, give me the receptionist's number, I'd love to have a chat with her.

Wonderful! It's a great shot. The face is very eary. 1984 really freaked me out a bit when I was younger... and yet again when I started hearing about the Patriot Act.

Ab, give me the receptionist's number, I'd love to have a chat with her.

My commnique has gone awry- you'll have to talk to the wall.

Wonderful! It's a great shot. The face is very eary. 1984 really freaked me out a bit when I was younger... and yet again when I started hearing about the Patriot Act.

It's not too late. People thought the social security number was intrusive. Wait for the implant!

Animal Farm is a good read too.

WOW This is excellent, they way you show the government is mind blowing and poor soul trapped in there. Great Job man.

love the image, the face seems a bit strange but the image is spectacular love the clouds.

WOW This is excellent, they way you show the government is mind blowing and poor soul trapped in there. Great Job man.

Thanks.

love the image, the face seems a bit strange but the image is spectacular love the clouds.

Thank you. If it weren't a bit strange, then it wouldn't be memorable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back