The Great Noise reduction challenge!

Here's another one -- same idea -- see what the converter does.

This is Capture One (stronger on the detail and weaker on the noise smoothing) -- my preference.

So Capture One:
luminance noise to 90 (max is 100)
color noise to 50
detail to 10
sharpness to 180 (max is 1000)
radius .5

Sized in Photoshop and Smart Sharpen for web display.

Joe

View attachment 92348
that is what I have is capture one. I couldn't get it to load the raw from the canon. how did you get it to load it?

Open the program -- go to the Help menu -- Click on About and tell me what it says you have: description and build version.

Joe
version 2.4.7

Well, since others have already used NoiseNinja, I decided to download a trial of Denoise. Here's what it came up with using the raw-strong preset.

IMG_4859_denoise-raw-strong.jpg

oh the one I posted last page, needing contrast. I ended up using google edit for that right in my browser. I didn't realize It had noise reduction too but found one in it. uploaded it with picasa and used google edit..

This is Capture One (stronger on the detail and weaker on the noise smoothing) -- my preference.

So Capture One:
color noise to 50
detail to 10
radius .5

Joe

View attachment 92348
that is what I have is capture one. I couldn't get it to load the raw from the canon. how did you get it to load it?

Open the program -- go to the Help menu -- Click on About and tell me what it says you have: description and build version.

Joe
version 2.4.7

So current version of Capture One is 8.1. If you do have Capture One and it's version 2 then it's really old. You have a Nikon camera, sure you're not thinking of Capture NX?

Joe

So Capture One:
color noise to 50
detail to 10
radius .5

Joe

View attachment 92348

Joe
version 2.4.7

So current version of Capture One is 8.1. If you do have Capture One and it's version 2 then it's really old. You have a Nikon camera, sure you're not thinking of Capture NX?

Joe
oh yep, capture nx2 sorry. lol

Couldn't resist - did one with Adobe Camera Raw in 5 minutes only and it looks pretty good without more work.
Dressage Horse.jpg

Would look better if she'd have collected that dressage horses head a bit....

I can't see the point unless you are looking at prints
editing practice in case you need it how I am looking at it. You know for the few that actually might make it to print.

editing practice in case you need it how I am looking at it. You know for the few that actually might make it to print.
If its dark I shoot with my A7 good exposure and no need for noise reduction but 97% of my shots have grain which I don't want reducing

It's interesting and it's an opportunity to learn. I get to learn something about the Canon 7D. I never take photos like this myself so it's a chance to test software under unfamiliar conditions.

Joe

It's interesting and it's an opportunity to learn. I get to learn something about the Canon 7D. I never take photos like this myself so it's a chance to test software under unfamiliar conditions.

Joe
you want high noise shots?
I could surely find you some to play with...

If its dark I shoot with my A7 good exposure and no need for noise reduction but 97% of my shots have grain which I don't want reducing
this isn't realistic for me. I shoot a lot in the dark and not all of it is long exposure at a hundred iso. I shoot right through up to 6400 at times.

this isn't realistic for me. I shoot a lot in the dark and not all of it is long exposure at a hundred iso. I shoot right through up to 6400 at times.
Iso6400 is not that high

Most reactions

New Topics

Back