What's new

The greatest show on earth (lightning)

my*

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally we got a good storm. Here are a few of what I got.

1
IMG_8497e2.jpg


2
IMG_8496e2.jpg


3
IMG_8492e1.jpg


4
IMG_8509e3.jpg


5
IMG_8602-e1.jpg


The last one was a bit tooooo close!!!!!!
 
Amazing! They are all great, but I really like #4. Where in AZ are you?
 
amazing shots ! thats reallly hard to catch.
 
Crazy wild. You've captured them landing too!
 
Crazy wild. You've captured them landing too!
Ya, #5 landed about 1/8 mile away from me. You can see it hitting the power pole. Further down the line a dransformer exploded. I was using my 16-35mm lens pulled all the way back and I still didn't get it all. That is when I decided it was time to get in the car.
 
Great photos! Especially #4. Can you tell us how long these exposures are? You've managed to capture pretty many thunders in your shots. I'm starting to be jealous, there have been no storms at all in my area for a month or so. I mean come in, it's summer...
 
Great photos! Especially #4. Can you tell us how long these exposures are? You've managed to capture pretty many thunders in your shots. I'm starting to be jealous, there have been no storms at all in my area for a month or so. I mean come in, it's summer...
I was working with a remote. Every shot had different shutter times. I would say shutter times were between 15 seconds and 45 seconds. I try to judge how long to keep the shutter open by how much lightning there is and how bright it is. You can probably keep the shutter open for almost a minute if you have no other light sources and the lightning is not that close. Then again.....if there are other light sources and the lightning is close you can close your aperture. I guess the best advice is trial and error.
 
Those are some of the nicest lightning photos I've ever seen! Absolutely gorgeous! I'm impressed with the detail in the lightning bolt. I've been trying to capture shots like that, but I haven't had any luck. Here in NE Ohio, there's too many trees and just enough hills that it's hard to get a wide enough view for good shots. I would be beyond proud to have shots like those in my collection.
 
Wow awesome shots!!!! Your right that last one looks too close!
 
Those are some of the nicest lightning photos I've ever seen! Absolutely gorgeous! I'm impressed with the detail in the lightning bolt. I've been trying to capture shots like that, but I haven't had any luck. Here in NE Ohio, there's too many trees and just enough hills that it's hard to get a wide enough view for good shots. I would be beyond proud to have shots like those in my collection.
Living in Tucson, AZ is a big help when taking lightning photos. I think it is the unofficial lightning capital of the world. We get monsoon storms this time of year every year. It is worth the heat and humidity.

These are some of the better ones I have gotten. I have always wanted to try to sell them but don't know where to go with them. Anyone have any suggestion?
 
I did some more post processing of thes photos. Better or no? Are the signatures to big?

1
IMG_84968x10frame.jpg


2
IMG_84978x10framecopy.jpg


3
IMG_85098x10frame.jpg


4
IMG_85878x10frame.jpg


5

IMG_8602-8x10framecopy.jpg
 
.

Wow these are great. I am very interested in getting shots like these and yours are very motivating. Very impressive to me :)

-Puma-

.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom