The greatest show on earth (lightning)

WOw awesome sight of mother nature......great capture and nice post processing.

so you just leave your exposure to open to get shots like these, and for how long?

so you just leave your exposure to open to get shots like these, and for how long?
The short answer is yes. For how long?....depends. Before I got a remote I would set the camera for a 30" exp. and let it ride. With trial and error I have gotten a better sense of how long to keep it open for. Aperture settings make a difference as well. Really bright lightning gets washed out on a low aperture setting. It's all about trial and error

OMG they are amazing, ive only ever got one lightning shot but it is nothing compared to these, spectacular, well done!

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback. I do appreciate it. I am always looking to improve so if you have any suggestions please feel free to throw it out there.

VERY nice shots. I cant wait for a storm to roll through my area to try it out. As far as the sig on the pics: *TO ME* it takes my eye away from the shot. Maybe make it a bit more transparent so it is not what pops out right away.

Awesome display u know the uk we nevr get a brilliant thunder storm we just get about to flashes and thats it finish. But I love ur photos thanks for sharing them.

VERY nice shots. I cant wait for a storm to roll through my area to try it out. As far as the sig on the pics: *TO ME* it takes my eye away from the shot. Maybe make it a bit more transparent so it is not what pops out right away.
Good suggestion. I will try that. This was the first time I put my sig on a photo. The last 3's signatures are way to big. I can see why they distract you.
Thanks for the suggestion

Awesome display u know the uk we nevr get a brilliant thunder storm we just get about to flashes and thats it finish. But I love ur photos thanks for sharing them.
That is too bad!! Every monsoon season that comes along makes the 105 degree heat well worth it. We may get one or two more storms that come through the Tucson area this season. I just hope I'm in the area to get some more photos

#1 is my favourite, though I'd like to see it with the bottom outcropping cropped out. Doesn't add anything.

Also, I didn't like the white borders you added

the last picture was great..i just hope no one died in that area LOL

the last picture was great..i just hope no one died in that area LOL
I was probably the closest one to it. Didn't die, just soiled my pants :wink:

Very Nice! For selling you can just make a website for free using freewebs, its very easy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back