invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p232432049-4.jpg

This is a picture from this past Sunday's rural exploration... I had been in this same house trying to make this composition work a week earlier, but I wasn't happy with the results. This time I am. I like how all the lines seemed to converge in the green room, which made it easier for me to make the frame in the corner the focal point.

Thanks for looking...

Cool shot. I think the heavy black doorway is stealing attention though. It's like compositionally I am lead to the frame, but there seems to be really cool junk in the closet that is more interesting. If you hadn't told me that you wanted the frame as the focal point, I would have thought you set that tension up on purpose.

Cool shot. I think the heavy black doorway is stealing attention though. It's like compositionally I am lead to the frame, but there seems to be really cool junk in the closet that is more interesting. If you hadn't told me that you wanted the frame as the focal point, I would have thought you set that tension up on purpose.
Nail in the head. No, I did not set that tension up on purpose. I did want to include the door frame exactly as you see here, but deciding what to do with the doorway was a more difficult decision: leave it all black and it ruins the composition/balance; lighten it and it becomes even more distracting; or... leave it as is, which is what I did. Maybe I should lighten it just a little bit so you can see the contents but barely... Thanks for the feedback!

And thanks everybody for your comments!

I liked it just the way it is.

The dark doorway doesn't bother me. There is just enough details in there to interest my curiosity. I thought of it not as a closet but a stairway to somewhere...

I liked it just the way it is.

The dark doorway doesn't bother me. There is just enough details in there to interest my curiosity. I thought of it not as a closet but a stairway to somewhere...
Thank you. Maybe monitor settings is what's making a difference here, so everybody is seeing a different level of detail on the darker part of the image.

The doorway indeed leads to a stairway.

You could be right but it was not what I had in mind. It is not like I'm seeing a whole lot there, but my imagination just prefers a stairway, lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back