The Grotto

emptypockets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had visited this location before and thought it would be an excellent place for some shots. These were taken about an hour after sunrise. I'm not sure they turned out as well as I would've hoped. C&C please...

stainedglass.jpg

grottohdr5final.jpg

grottohdr3final.jpg

grottohdr1final.jpg

grottohdr2final.jpg

Honestly, I think you have what looks like an interesting subject but the post-processing is killing the images for me.

Personal opinion is unless you have a very specific artistic need or desire to do something like this... as in, you have a specific "Oh this image would look fantastic with this kind of treatment" (often best if you think of it upon CAPTURE, actually), that you don't do it... also personal opinion is you don't use any treatment on a whole bunch of images.

Again, personal opinions.

I thought that I'd add that all of these shots, with the exception of the first are HDR's. I'm still learning the PP HDR program I'm using and could've over processed them. Thanks for the feedback.

Those are HDRs? Wow.

Are they actually multiple exposures? Or did you cheat?

Also, why HDR? These shots are taken with light directly on the subject... there's essentially no use for HDR in these cases unless you WANT to make it look wonky.

Those are HDRs? Wow.

Are they actually multiple exposures? Or did you cheat?

Also, why HDR? These shots are taken with light directly on the subject... there's essentially no use for HDR in these cases unless you WANT to make it look wonky.

They are actually multiple (5) exposures per shot. Well, in the original shots, there was some shadowing, but I think my PP killed it. I was going for a certain look and it didn't work this time. I'll work on some other edits and repost later today. Luckily I kept the raw files.

Here are some new edits (non HDR). Let me know what you think of them.

Grotto1.jpg

Grotto2.jpg

Grotto3.jpg

Most reactions

Back