Then I play with words

for your last one:

I'm trying, truly

Counting syllables and all

I'm trying Haiku

I'm trying. Truly I'm trying.
Counting syllables and everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It can be tricky. I always need to use a finger to tap out the syllables on a table or my leg to make sure I have the right count. I just found this online that might help you until you get the hang of it.

Syllable Counter - Poem & Lyric Workshop
(Edit: I was testing out the counter and it was actually wrong so I tested a few more to find one that is more reliable. These tools are a start but they aren't perfect. The more you practice, the easier it will get to do it yourself.)

Just write something and then check it with the calculator. If it's too many and you aren't sure which word is the problem, paste each word in the line separately. After a while, I am.betting that you will get a better sense of how to count without using the calculator.

Last edited:
It can be tricky. I always need to use a finger to tap out the syllables on a table or my leg to make sure I have the right count. I just found this online that might help you until you get the hang of it.

Syllable Counter - Poem & Lyric Workshop
(Edit: I was testing out the counter and it was actually wrong so I tested a few more to find one that is more reliable. These tools are a start but they aren't perfect. The more you practice, the easier it will get to do it yourself.)

Just write something and then check it with the calculator. If it's too many and you aren't sure which word is the problem, paste each word in the line separately. After a while, I am.betting that you will get a better sense of how to count without using the calculator.
Yes, fingers and tapping is my method. It might take me 30 seconds to type something out, but when I start counting, rearranging and substituting syllables and words, it takes a full 5 minutes. Sometimes it takes more than a few tries.

Photography is easier, IMO.

Not sure why it is
Haiku does not challenge me
Just no problems here.

(With finger tapping!) :sexywink:

No pints Blue Bell vanilla
Got some Blue Bunny though
Tomorrow should be much fun

Whoops! 5 7 5. Not 7 5 7 like I just did.
Liable to be impossible.

Whoops! 5 7 5. Not 7 5 7 like I just did.
Liable to be impossible.

Not impossible! Just need to get the hang of it and get used to rearranging and/or leaving words out that you might normally leave in.

For example:

Got some Blue Bunny though (6 --> 5)
No pints of Blue Bell vanilla (8 --> 7)
Tomorrow should be much fun. (7 --> 5)

You will get it, Dave
It just takes some practicing
Soon, you: Champion.

Work is tomorrow
Sunday night dread is haunting
Give me one more day

Guess I'm not the only one who has to tap their fingers.

Very hot weekend
Hid inside with the AC
Didn't get much done

Most reactions

New Topics

Back