The Hawk Whisperer strikes again!

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was walking along my normal trails when I saw this Juvenile Red Tail hanging out in an abandoned Osprey nest. I was hoping it was the one that like me. This Hawk is unbelievable! He/she just ignores me. At one point I looked at the distance scale on my lens and I was 12 freaking feet away! These are on a D600 with the 150-600. Comments welcome. There are more here...https://www.flickr.com/photos/coastalconn/sets/72157644495975299/

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_29 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_29 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_29 8 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvi Red Tail Hawk 5_29 7 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

3 & 4 are superb, great exposures and near perfect composition with sweet separation from the BG

Amazing! I looked at #1 large and it is almost scary. #2 looks like he's posing for a national or corporate symbol.

Huge hawk and falcon fan here so I absolutely love these. Great work.

That hawk's motto must be, "Don't Fear The Kris!"

Wow....12 feet away...certainly no "boundary issues" with that one!

You wearing a mouse necklace :lol: That's awesome

My favourites are one and two...I like the pose of the #1 for the depth of its sharp look and the pose of #2 about to fly. Nice capture on #2...all of them are really good.

Holy crapoly, I couldn't even pic a fav here, they're all fantastic hawk pics.

Sweetness Kris. I know the feeling. Wifey and had one a while back that did not seem to mind us at all. After the shot, one step forward, shot, one step forward, got us to a certain distance (probably around the 12 to 15 ft range), I started wondering if I was being punk'd and something larger was about to ambush us. :)

I'm still not sold on the 150-600 Tamster. More more more more :lmao:

I don't think i could get within 12 feet of a stuffed hawk nevermind a live one !!!!

The face shot in 1 really awesome. 3 is also a favorite of mine. Razor sharp photos there, man!

Man I would love to get that close to one of these Kris, in fact any distance would do ;) Excellent details in all shots and your normal nailed them shots ;)

Okay if I had to pick just one shot and remember I am weird, it would be this one .....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coastalconn/14111868769/in/set-72157644495975299

All top shots though for sure. Wish they were mine Kris.

All the best up there.

Danny.

Most reactions

Back