Interesting. I don't really like the positon of the walking people. I want to keep looking at them and not the people. It kind of hurts my eyes to look at just because I'm searching throughout the image. Sometimes the oppurtunity for a great shot just isn't there no matter how good the photographer.
I disagree, I think the walking people are great for the foreground. It shows a man with a nice watch and clothes walking, blurred, in front of a poor woman. It's a brilliant contrast between the rich and the poor, or at least the sheltered and the homeless. I love the shot, really speaks volumes about that area. Brilliant.
I'm with Trenton. The 2nd man has what looks like a briefcase so is somewhat "privaledged" by Indian standards and they just (seem to) walk on by oblivious.
Don't get me wrong, Its a great contrast. I just don't think it works compositionally in this image. Maybe a tighter crop excluding the man on the left entirely would be better.
Don't get me wrong, Its a great contrast. I just don't think it works compositionally in this image. Maybe a tighter crop excluding the man on the left entirely would be better.
Exclude the man on the left ? Did you understand the photograph on the first place ? He is the one who's jobless - which is why he's sitting there doing nothing, thinking about his future, with his shoes off his feet !
I'm not sure if I was looking for what you suggest. I wanted an exact diagonal composition of another hand coming down from the top of the frame. was lucky to get a watch as well - which, to me, symbolizes that time keeps running away for these underprivileged people...
i like this picture a lot. but it might also be interesting to crop the photo and cut out the people walking and the man on the left. they both add elements to the photo but i think it could be a great photo cropped.