Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...I'm going to quote a thread started by a member on another forum that I belong to....it put tears in my eyes.

The thread is titled "My thoughtful child".

stallionsweets said:
My daughter is only 10 yrs old and is very thoughtful.Her school was collecting food for Thanksgiving to give to a local charity to help those in need.Without telling me she took the paper to our neighbors and had asked for any food they could spare to help.My phone has been ringing off the wall all day asking if its okay to drop the food off.I said excuse me? They said she had asked for donations for her food drive at school.I now have over 100 items to take to her school tomarrow.I called her teacher and told her what my child had done.Her teacher started crying and said she is so very thoughtful.I get off the phone with her and the phone rings again.This time it is our local grocery store he has agreed to donate several cases of vegetables and 5 turkeys.I have to pick them up on my way to her school.I just had to share this to show that it only takes 1 child to make a community to come together.I am so very proud of her. :gvibes:

And then a later post:

stallionsweets said:
I went to the local grocery store and he had giving me 10 cases of can goods, 2 cases of stuffing,5 turkeys , 1 cases of brownie mix and 4 $25 gift cards for his store.I get to the school and they called my daughter down to the office.She was so happy because her teacher gave her a bouqat of balloons that say congrarats.They all started applauding her in the office for a job well done.The schools usually ask for 1 can per student and she was able to collect enough to feed several famalies on Thanksgiving.I sure do have alot to be Thankful for. I am so overwhelmed with joy with her.

This story was so sweet that I wanted to share it. More people need to follow in the footsteps of this amazing 10 year old kid.

Wow, that is a beautiful story. Giving back to the community starts at a young age. Good for that little girl and her family for making it happen :)

That's awesome.

I'm gonna hire a 10 year old kid to go get me some food. I need to stock up for the winter season.

5 TURKEYS!! Think of the sandwiches.

Most reactions

Back