The Illumination

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A little over two weeks ago, I was asked to photograph a Silver Wedding (25-years wedding anniversary), and the people celebrated their party in a large tent in a park behind their garden, a lovely park about which I did not even know it existed (it is private, anyway, and "theirs", as it were) ... and in preparation to their party they also set up quite a bit of illumination. It was impressive!

illumination1.jpg

illumination2.jpg

illumination3.jpg

illumination4.jpg

With this last one I later thought "If only I had opened up the aperture a bit more, this is overdoing the star-light effect quite a bit", but the people love each and every one of my photos. So there. Mission accomplished.

i like the first one way better than the second... the second looks squeezed.

and the last one is really nice with the soft curve of the line of lights reflected in the water. you could improve the dark parts by darkening them more ...

You are right about the "squeezed", though my intention in taking the second was to also capture those people "on the island" ... and yes, I could keep working on these, but that would be for my pleasure only, as they are sold, and the customers are overjoyed, calling me "an artist", so what more can I want? (I won't tell them about you critical folk here on TPF, best not ;) ;) ;) ! Only did they wonder why I was so full of self-critisism at the time the gave me the job (last year in October)).

but that would be for my pleasure only, as they are sold, and the customers are overjoyed,

you are certainly better at this than I am ;) :)

I much doubt this. It is only that for some really odd reason (that I personally don't understand at all) several people are beginning to like what I do.
EmoteShrug.gif

several people are beginning to like what I do.
EmoteShrug.gif

Don't put yourself too low ;)

Anyway, many people like what I do, but no one is willing to pay me any money, so that makes the difference between us ;)

Nice work Lafoto. The tree shot is blown out IMO but the tent shots are very nice.

The first one is lovely and serene. I agree the second is too busy, but it's still nice.

Wow...stellar work LaPhoto. I love them

They're great! The little flares are nice, and personally, I think my favorite out of them would be the second. :) I do agree with the tree being a bit blown out on the right.

I love the reflections off the water! Were you positioned on a boat?

I don't know what you guys are talking about, my fav is the tree! Blown out or not, it's beautiful!

The tree, as people above have mentioned I'm sure (I don't read stuff above sometimes), is extremely blown out. There must be a good way to take care of that without messing up an otherwise decent shot. The first shot, I think, should have darker darks because, as you may see, there is something floating in the water that is rather distracting. One of those things that once you see, you just can't take your eyes off of. Other than that, the exposures and other technical mumbojumbo are pretty good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back