The Last Roll of Kodachrome

Hmmmm... to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed. Some fine images to be sure, but it didn't seem like the sort of effort had gone in to the project that I would have expected McCurry to put into an event of this magnitude.
I have to agree. Some of the photos were good but it seemed to me to be more of a "Hurry up and shoot whatever is there and get this done" sort of project. Not what I would envision the last roll of Kodachrome deserving.
I rather got the impression he was trying to recreate "Afghanistan Girl" again and again...

^^ Funny, I got the opposite impression. He's excellent with portraits, he doesn't need to recreate anything. The only sameness here is the luscious quality of the film used, along with that lovely light he knows how to capture.

Clearly he had fun with this roll, wanting to use it in several different places and with varying degrees of seriousness. ;) I found it a wonderful use of the last roll.

Ya, more like a outing with an old friend than being on assignment. He carried that last roll around for a little while.

I liked that one of the shots was in Kansas too.

Hmmmm... to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed. Some fine images to be sure, but it didn't seem like the sort of effort had gone in to the project that I would have expected McCurry to put into an event of this magnitude.
I have to agree. Some of the photos were good but it seemed to me to be more of a "Hurry up and shoot whatever is there and get this done" sort of project. Not what I would envision the last roll of Kodachrome deserving.
I rather got the impression he was trying to recreate "Afghanistan Girl" again and again...

That never crossed my mind. I'm with Terri on this one

Also, i think it is great they didn't edit out images and showed was taken rather than what would be published.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back