The latest work from Darfion Van Gogh studios

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my latest watercolour painting. You can either judge the photograph or the painting, it matters not. For those that don't know, i took up watercolours late last December and often post my paintings on here. I know i could join an artists forum but i'd rather be here showing you my photo/paintings.
lilys_watercolour.jpg

That's really nice, Darren! You seriously have some talent. Thanks for sharing.

its lovely ... very inspiring :D .. makes me wanna go out and get a brush .. are you painting on paper or canvas?

Dew said:
its lovely ... very inspiring :D .. makes me wanna go out and get a brush .. are you painting on paper or canvas?
Watercolour paper. 140lb Bockingford. I've moved up to a more superior paper than i started out with. Doesn't buckle like the cheap lightweight papers that i used to use, and has a better finish. I've also bought me some "Kolinski" sable brushes. Bloody expensive but worth every penny.

TwistMyArm said:
Darfion said:
Watercolour paper. 140lb Bockingford

Cool, I was actually wondering about that myself. Where do you get it? Can you order it online?
ebay is a good start if you want to buy on-line otherwise any good arts and crafts shops should sell it. Anything less than 140lb (ream weight) and you would need to stretch the paper before using. Mine comes in a spiral bound pad but you can also buy seperate sheets.

Most reactions

Back